The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be passionate about product. We are looking for an individual who can build lasting relationships, have a problem-solving mindset, is not shy of multi-tasking, knows how to prioritise, learn quickly, and be open to a challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in all functions of the product development process including brand development, design, and buying/supplier relations
- Support Senior product manager of management of project critical path’s (CPA)
- Day to day administration and assisting the smooth running of health & beauty, household, pet & gift categories
- Responsible for sending out courier packages and sample management
- Work and follow up with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all areas of the account are being run effectively and projects are within timeline against the CPA.
- Prepare and write copy for product, sales & marketing materials
- Support and manage product and design briefs. Working closely with the design team to produce and adjust designs to fit customer/brand requirements
- Manage cross functional relationships with our overseas office, always maintaining our One Team culture.
- Be able to work with a diverse workload across a variety of product areas
- Send regular updates regarding the business and product development
- Support regular market washouts and comp shopping to ensure market awareness
- Support on raising product and design briefs and managing system uploads
- Previous experience in a similar role desired or a graduate with a buying, product, creative or marketing degree.
- Creative experience desired
Key competencies and skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects
- Confident in communicating and developing relationships with internal and external sources
- Strong time management and a proactive work ethic
- Highly organised
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office – in particular Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for product and an interest in retail
- A willingness to learn and improve and have a ‘hands-on’ approach.
- Can show examples of cross-functional working
- Appetite to learn new categories and explore new product ranges
- Be reliable and committed
- Have a valid UK licence and a reliable mode of transport
In turn we offer
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing to 27 days after 3 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Extensive benefits programme including buying additional holiday, medical cash plan, access to mental health support and many other benefits
- Flexible hours and work from home available to all staff
- Great learning and development and progression opportunities · Yearly bonus structure (based on company targets)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Pension Scheme Contribution
- Solent social events run by our inhouse Social Team
- Cycle to Work scheme