How would you take a brand that is as respected and appealing as the National Trust and be responsible for developing a wide range of National Trust branded food and drink products that truly reflect the richness of our brand and build upon our aspirations of making our special places relevant, enriching and available to all people - making Everyone Welcome? There’s never been a more exciting time to work in Brand Licensing at the National Trust. Our brand is stronger than ever, conservation is more important than ever, we have more members and visitors than ever, and our Brand Licensing programme is winning high-profile, national awards. There are so many opportunities to build exciting, innovative licences with new partners.
Interview Date: 28th February
Salary: £44,000 – £48,000 dependent on experience
Duration: This is a fixed term position for 2 years, with the possibility of extension or permanent position
What it's like to work here
Your contractual location will be our head office in Swindon, however there will be an opportunity to explore and agree hybrid working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust. The role will involve travel to our head office to meet with stakeholders and to carry out work and we expect that you will spend 1-2 days in the office a week.
Our head office houses approximately 700 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General. The building was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally-recognised awards; the open-plan offices and friendly social spaces help us to foster a truly collaborative working environment.
What you'll be doing
As a key member of the Brand Licensing team, you’ll play an important role in delivering creative, on-brand food and drink licences that promote our brand aspirations and cause to an in-fit audience on the high street.
You’ll work with a variety of internal stakeholders and external suppliers to deliver innovative, exciting food and drink licences that resonate with our audiences and broaden our appeal. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing this new category and therefore a number of licensee relationships, working closely with a specialist agency to assist in the delivery of food and drink.
You’ll provide leadership, Brand Licensing expertise and your food and drink experience to ensure that the products developed are delivered to the highest standards of quality, design, sourcing and appeal and the supporting marketing activities are on brand in terms of messaging and extending the reach of our charitable purpose. Effective brand story telling is the key here.
You’ll lead the way in developing food and drink licences from researching the market segments in size and scope and identifying the key players - to negotiating the terms of the licence. You’ll be involved from helping to input into strategy, right through to retail listings and managing the licensees on an ongoing basis to maximise their potential.
Please click apply to read the full role profile attached to the advert. Include a covering letter and CV with your application.
Who we're looking for
You can view the full role profile for this role in the document attached. You don't need to have all the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the role profile; this is just to provide a full picture of what is possible in this role. For this position we’re looking for someone who has:
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Quantifiable Brand Licensing experience in the Food & Drink category, and an understanding of lifestyle licensing.
- Experience of working in a commercial capacity in/closely with a Grocer or food retailer.
- Business development experience in food and drink licensing where you have grown a licensed product from concept to retail shelf.
- Excellent account management skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Full understanding of the food and drink market and consumer behaviours.
- Management of large projects and delivery against deadlines, preferably with retailers.
- Experience and understanding of contract drafting and financial reporting.
- The ability to ensure that licensees deliver against contractual and financial obligations to maximise return of income is achieved.
- Clear, credible and persuasive communication skills.
- The ability to deliver creative product development to highest standards of quality, design, sourcing standards and appeal.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts such as gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most Trust places
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.