Cocoba is a fast-growing chocolate brand, experience high growth of sales in independents, departments stores, distributors, export and private label.
We have over 200 products, which now include both retail and food service products, and we are in search of an export sales expert to join our team.
This Export Sales role is an exciting new position, that is all about developing existing export markets as well as forging new relationships and partnerships in new export markets. You will be expected to achieve and exceed sales and cash margin targets by opening profitable new accounts in-line with our sales strategy. You will need to identify category gaps in existing markets, seek out new opportunities, and build new relationships within previously unexplored markets, as well as successfully securing new sales with existing customers too, all supported by our sales admin team.
The role will involve international travel to trade shows and customer/market visits.
Experience of the US Fine Food market is very advantageous for this role, as is previous experience working with premium food products and/or gifting products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience, with a lot of future potential for growth within the company.
We have employee discounts on our retail products, as well as in our cafe in Kent.
Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Win & retain profitable new business. Achieving sales and margin targets based on a commercial, budgeted plan
- Identify and evaluate potential export markets and opportunities for growth
- Build and maintain relationships with international customers, distributors, and partners
- Develop and implement export strategies to expand the company's international market presence
- Grow retained customer sales and margins to achieve budgeted targets in line with company standards
- Ensure an appropriate level of regular customer contact to achieve targets with planned objectives and defined outputs prior to each call
- Work with internal departments and suppliers to maximise sales, margins and deliver excellent Customer Service
- Drive agreed company campaigns and support the sales strategy to meet and exceed customer and company targets
- Work closely with your sales admin colleagues to ensure compliance, retention and delivery of customer orders
- Ensure all relevant administrative and reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner for all day-to-day work and ad-hoc requirements when requested
- Maintain a sufficient number of new prospect and pipeline opportunities to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure timely delivery of products and services to international customers
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with overseas clients
The Ideal Candidate:
You will have experience and a proven track record of actively seeking out and acquiring new business within export sales ideally in the food industry, with at least 3 years of similar experience, ideally in a food company.
It is essential that you are someone that:
- Thrives on winning new business
- Has the ability to open doors with new accounts from a standing start
- Is a quick learner and can absorb product knowledge quickly
- Is organised, a strong planner, PC literate able to work to targets, deadlines and under pressure
- Is a real "people person" with excellent communication, stakeholder management and customer service skills
- Can build relationships with customers at all levels of their business and possesses strong negotiation skills
- Has a customer-oriented approach to account management which aims to exceed expectations
- Sound commercial awareness and business acumen