Maternity Cover (approximately 9 months)
Exciting opportunity to join this innovative food manufacturing business where you will be involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market – from the initial concept right through to product launch within the factory!
You will be the key customer contact for all issues concerning the products you and your team are working on. As well as new products, you’ll also have responsibility for improving existing ones and will work closely with Process Improvement Lead and Product Technologist’s as well as the procurement team and chefs who will help you get the job done!
- To take product from concept to launch
- To own projects, developing the product, controlling the launch path and ensuring products are stopped if they are likely to be unsuccessful.
- Interact with the NPD team on upcoming new launches and track progress.
- Check and approve pack copy specs once the final recipe is available.
- Design check and approve factory paperwork alongside the Technical department and ensure it is fit for purpose (i.e. QAS sheets, recipe mix sheets, QC control/traceability), tracking all necessary food safety and legality issues. Request modification where required.
- Develop new processes where required, to improve efficiency and quality – actively support the CI team.
- Interact with suppliers on quality issues
- Research and implement current consumer markets and latest technologies on manufacturing, quality control, and consistency.
- Assist in the development of the HACCP system.
- Be part of the taste panel process, checking quality of products regularly.
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology Degree/HND, combined with product & process development experience.
- Relevant food manufacturing knowledge/experience with proven exposure to working with chilled food products being advantageous.
- Demonstrated extensive practical factory or product development experience.
- Experience gained within a technical department of a food manufacturer in the same or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills with the visible passion and enthusiasm for delivering product innovation and development.
- Ability to demonstrate good IT skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Professional with clear and concise communication skills.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm and passion for the brand.
- Electric car scheme
- Increased holiday with length of service
- Option to buy more holiday
- Enhanced maternity / paternity
- Free product allowance
- Flexi week opportunity every year
- Cycle to work
In return we can offer an exciting career within a growing business. If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV and we will contact you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partners Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partners Limited and no fees will be payable.