Are you passionate about great leadership and providing excellent customer service? Are you tenacious in your pursuit of excellence? Do you want to develop with a company that has ambitious growth plans and that has recently entered an exciting new partnership? If so, we would love to hear from you.
This role will lead, inspire, coach, and create a collaborative team within your region which delivers amazing results that can be recognised by customers, colleagues, and the wider Bestway Business.
Influence and support the strategic business plan, day to day operational running of your stores ensuring that the P&L is met.
Setting your team, the right objectives to achieve outstanding results. Using your internal and external insights, you will direct your region to make a positive difference for customers, colleagues and the Bestway business.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead in service for the region, influencing the decisions of others by championing the customer experience and promoting excellence in service delivery
- Mitigate risk by protecting Bestway with safe and secure processes for people, stock and property and ensuring compliance by the region with best practice
- Drive operational excellence and consistency on store standards and ensure stores adhere to company owned, company operated (COCO) routines and processes
- Lead by example in promoting a strong safety culture throughout the store teams and region
- Use data and local knowledge to ensure competitor activity is closely monitored, visited, and action plans are put in place to protect or grow sales and profit with the right proposition
- Develop regional plans to achieve the profit plan and Business strategy
- Utilise the benefits of technology available and ensure my teams are digitally upskilled
- Coach leaders in my region to deliver outstanding results, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to get on, is trained to carry out their role both technically and behaviourally
- Challenge - ensuring everyone is treated fairly so a pipeline of talent is evident for the future with a ‘spoilt for choice’ mindset
- Celebrate success across my teams and continually learn from missed opportunities
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders using inspirational communication, effective listening, recognition, and challenge
- Understand and follow HR policies and encourage and ensure that my team does the same
- Champion diversity and inclusion across the region, creating an inclusive environment
- Role model the company values, referencing them in everyday language and situations
- Lead recruitment, training and development and succession planning at all levels
- Previous experience within a similar retail role is essential
- Significant experience of motivating, developing, and managing performance of direct reports (30 plus) to inspire operational excellence across multi-sites ideally in a convenience environment
- Experience of leading change on multiple activities that have delivered sustainable change
- Commercially aware and both P&L and business measures focused
- Knowledge and awareness of EHO and licensing guidelines, legal rules, and guidelines
- Sound business awareness, with the ability to comprehend and respond to business reports
- Knowledge of food retail/off-licence and have been a remote manager
- Understanding of employment legislation
- Ability to interact and understand others, developing new and existing relationships
- Successfully delivered long-term strategic plans and improvement of success measures whilst managing budgets
- Demonstratable leadership skills to get the best from my team or a situation which includes coaching to stretch the performance of others
- outstanding communication, presentation, and people skills
- Ability to generate a variety of reports and presentations displaying regional performance
- Ability analyse data and make correct decisions to improve the business
- Manage a diverse range of activities – to prioritise and multitask
- Make proactive and reactive decisions to mitigate risk and protect a business
If you are looking to launch, or grow, an exciting career in a company that values progression and development! Choose “Apply now” to fill out our short application and submit your CV!