We are looking for a Category Manager to be responsible for the delivery of Category Plans that maximise sales and profit for both Bestway Retail and our Retailers.
About the role:
The role encompasses all aspects of Category Management including ranging, pricing, strategy development, supplier management, promotional planning and securing income for marketing and media support.
The Category Manager will also mentor and develop the Category Assistants and oversee the Category specific activities of Category Assistants.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure all activities and decisions support achievement and delivery of the budget for sales, wholesale margin, retail POR and cash profit
- Use sound commercial reasoning and influence to ensure that availability is maximised across product categories
- Working closely with suppliers to generate Joint Business Plans
- Effective focus and management of internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Creation and implementation of Category strategy, to include the delivery of Category plans to ensure that financial targets are met
- Negotiating income from suppliers for media promotional support and specific initiatives
- Ranging and pricing of all products in line with current pricing policy and business strategy
- Planning and communicating requirements for seasonal promotional events and corporate initiatives across the supply base and via internal departments
- Range management and development – identifying gaps, reviewing the current range status, liaising with key suppliers, and managing the price proposition
- Define and manage the strategy for Own Brand to ensure the Category has the correct balance of branded and own brand products to deliver a commercially sound range/portfolio
- Ensuring that admin tasks for the specific Category are completed correctly and on time
- Accurately analysing promotional effectiveness and forecasts for specific product categories
- Significant experience in FMCG Wholesale or Retail sector (Buying Sales or Category Management) The ability to confidently demonstrate tenacity, determination, and assertiveness in pursuit of a commercially successful outcome, managing conflict where necessary The ability to build relationships internally and externally using effective influencing skills A strong and effective negotiator Experience of creating and delivering Category Strategy and promotional plans Numerate, with experience of analysing performance and market data Problem solving skills and a commitment to continuous improvement