The Miles Group - National Account Executive - Job Description:
Job Role: National Account Executive – Retail/Discounters
Location: Hybrid working location Huddersfield Head Office
Sector/Industry: FMCG/ Health & Beauty
Salary: Competitive Salary up to £33,000, Bonus scheme, Company Car
We are currently recruiting for a National Account Executive to join a well-established team responsible for a range of brands that are well known within their category.
The Miles Group is one of the longest established field sales resource companies in the UK based in Huddersfield. We provide specialist sales expertise for our many well-known manufacturing clients, representing their portfolio of products and creating new routes to market. You will join a fast-paced culture that strives in the face of challenges. The team operate as a family, all with a common goal in mind and work together to meet this goal.
- Support the National Account Managers to develop the sales strategy and deliver the plan for the defined customer base.
- Daily management of accounts and portfolio of development accounts.
- Negotiating and managing commercial agreements such as JBPs
- Build and deliver sustainable growth adding value to our clients business’s
- Identify opportunities within the defined portfolio and wider account, to achieve planned growth.
- Managing promotion spend and activity in line with annual budgets, Utilising activation tactics to increase shelf presence and ultimately increase sales.
- Build effective working relationships with customers and clients
- Monitor competitor activity
- Regular review meetings at the customers' head office and client sites, to build relationships and identify opportunities.
- Maintain accurate customer records, including contact reports & development progress reports.
The best candidate for the role will demonstrate:
- Excellent commercial and relationship building skills
- A real ability to build strong relationships with internal teams and external customers at multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate with customers to achieve objectives
- Good commercial acumen & commercial understanding of other business functions
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Tenacious ability to go the extra mile to make it happen within all accounts
- Positive can do attitude and enthusiastic with both their work and within the workplace
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of working in a commercial environment preferred. - Ideally within the FMCG industry in Healthcare.
- MS Outlook, Excel,Teams, PowerPoint, and Word is essential
- A full driving license is required
- Travel in the UK is an essential part of the role