My client are a leading supplier of power tools and accessories to the woodworking construction sector. A forward thinking brand who have experienced significant growth and success and are looking to add to their growing team.
- Looking for a Junior Product Manager to take control over a category in an autonomous role with support from the wider product team with exposure to all elements of product management.
- Work closely with the product team to develop and maintain assigned product categories.
- With the support of Product Director, plan, identify, develop, design, source, evaluate and advocate new product offerings, and keep a product project log.
- Collaborate closely with sales team and Product Director to manage new and existing product sales forecasts / budget data for assigned categories.
- Gather and communicate supporting intelligence for new product business case development, including competition, end user feedback, etc.
- Present product recommendations and selections to Product Director and senior leadership team / Board of Directors as required.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure products are manufactured on time, on cost and on quality, and are exclusive where possible.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing departments on merchandising activities such as promotional copy, photography, video content, point of sale as well as content selection and presentation of marketing materials related to both new and existing product portfolio.
- Work with Product Director and operations to review inventory levels, product lifecycles and product sourcing activity.
- Load new product data on finance and PIM systems and place initial orders for stock.
- Continually review the current product portfolio, to ensure that all products offered are aligned with customer and market needs.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop packaging and instructional content for new and existing products.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- For this Junior Product Manager position you will have either a degree in engineering or business discipline OR at least 1 years’ experience working within a product management position of a physical product.
- Exposure to tools/power tools/machinery would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills are required as well as the ability to interact with staff, suppliers and customers.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines and work as a team player.
- Package of £30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.