Our client is a UK leader within the Food sector across both Brand and Own Label; they offer some of the most recognisable Brands and Products within the market they are at the forefront of strong double digit growth within the categories which they operate.
The UK business unit is well established but is experiencing High Growth; as a result the cultural and business DNA is an exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning but with huge dominance of Entrepreneurial Flair at all levels. This is where you could be make the difference, as in order to drive the market further they are now seeking to appoint a Senior National Account Manager- Grocery to champion some of their highest growth customers.
As the Senior National Account Manager you will take full P&L accountability alongside the development of medium and long-term strategic growth plans in order to deliver net profit and gross Sales targets. For 2023 fiscal year this equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business, hence the role is a highly challenging one. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with digital range management and online merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
Principal Accountabilities will be:
Customer Management of 2 Grocery Accounts.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions.
- Where required- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports Central/European brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc
- As a Key Team member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business. Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered.
- Several Years Experience within National Account Management - Grocery Focused.
- The client is also open to - more junior candidates.
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to manage current business whilst winning new product lines
- Ability to use and understand EPOS & Retailer Insight Data to drive a Commercial Growth Agenda
Candidates must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly "Commercially” focused its processes and internal communications. Of course being a leading UK Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.