Our client is a Global leader within the Consumer Product market and is building a strong Personal Care Business Unit; their products enhance the lives of the consumers who use them and offer a real USP in relation to their competitors. The UK business unit is well established but is experiencing High Growth; as a result the cultural and business DNA is an exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning but with huge dominance of Entrepreneurial Flair at all levels.
They now have an Exciting New Range of products to take to market.
This is where you could be make the difference.
The Role- National Account Manager
Reporting to the Channel Director you will take full P&L accountability for several accounts across
- Grocery- Retail (Top 4 Accounts)
For the 2023/24 fiscal year this equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business, hence the role is a highly challenging one. Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- All below relate to Branded Product Areas.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Candidate Requirements- National Account Manager
The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “added value” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees the opportunity to forge their career development based upon both their Innate Potential combined with the UK Market Growth of the Business.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Brand or Retailer Branded across Grocery or even Highstreet. Additionally, the client is also willing to consider dynamic Junior candidates currently working directly at the Jnr NAM level. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must.