As a leading Own Label Chilled Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both Capital Equipment and Leading Edge Brand & Category solutions. As part of their continued growth, they now wish to appoint a Head of Category & Insights.
Reporting into the Category Director; As the Senior Category Manager you will be tasked with the leadership of their 2 biggest Customers. Working cross functionally both internally and externally you will drive a strong growth agenda within across the Customer Base that will play a significant part in maximising category growth performance of the UK business as whole. This role will see you operating at a senior level both internally and externally in which you will drive longer-term performance via the Category & Commercial Teams whilst acting as the “key lead” for Board Visible Strategic Initiatives. You must also display a real appreciation of “Category Led” Trading strategies that are underpinned by a “Robust Intellectual” appreciation of the Marco Issues facing the current retail channel.
- 20% - Leadership & Strategic Category Mapping
- 40% - Customer Strategy- Top to Top, Leading from the Front
- 40% - Making Strategy Happen across the Business.
- Within this remit You will have full accountability for All Senior Contacts within the Leading Customers Accounts from a category perspective; Involving internally working with key Commercial Stakeholders, supporting launch of NPD, driving key events around Commercial Product Plans.
Internally you will also be challenged to deliver:
- Leadership Set the Vision/Direction for their 2 biggest Customers
- Lead the Way
- Inspire others
Relevant Candidates will have gained several years experience in category marketing within a major Private Label or possibly Branded FMCG player. The role requires a real “can do” mentality alongside a creative flair for solution focused thinking inside a matrix corporate framework. Furthermore you will have considerable experience of leading teams either through direct or matrix management. Finally the role requires huge amount of Drive and Passion for delivering real quality to the end consumer combined with a creative flair for delivering ground breaking category led solutions.