This Category Marketing Manager role will assist in driving the department function at a product and marketing level to ensure all responsibilities associated with the position are fulfilled in an effective and timely fashion.
- To manage a portfolio of tools and meet sales turnover targets and profit margins
- To manage the introduction of new products to the market
- Set SSP’s in line with market prices and profit expectations
- To provide and present features, benefits and technical information on new and existing products to the sales team
- To work with the European product management & European marketing teams for the timely launch of new products and supporting promotional material
- To monitor and carry out research on competitor and retail activity including new product launches, competitor campaigns and promotional activity
- To develop and execute quarterly product promotions and monitor the effectiveness in the market
- To keep product landscapes up to date to ascertain product and price positioning of existing and new products
- To manage the product life cycle of the product range by monitoring profitability, controlling the number of SKU’s and co-ordinating the Excess and Obsolete lines
- To manage the phase out of slow moving and obsolete products
- To support the sales team with sales presentations, product training, promotional planning and attendance at events and customer meetings
- Monthly sales analysis and reporting
- Market data analysis
- The creation and implementation of marketing premiums, POS, sales literature and display merchandising linked to the product portfolio
About the Company:
Recruiting for a global market leader with many household brands invested in developing their products and their people. An exciting opportunity to join a leading name in the Outdoor Power Equipment market managing the category and working with high quality and cutting edge products. Part of a global team and large company with exciting career prospects and development opportunities.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in a marketing position
- OPE experience highly desirable, not essential
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and comfortable with presenting to larger audiences
- Computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Good understanding of Social Media & the Web
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours and at weekends on occasions
- Confident in approach, as working with a varying range of suppliers, agencies and customers will form an important part of the role
- Ability to travel, both within the UK and occasionally internationally
- Highly motivated and eagerness to fulfil the position’s responsibilities effectively and in a timely fashion
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.