Position: Commercial Finance Analyst
Based: Haddenham, UK
This role reporting to the Senior Finance Manager will be a Finance Business Partner to the UK Consumer commercial team, providing financial insights to drive improved decision-making and deliver business results through driving growth and profitability. Focus will be both strategic and tactical to achieve targeted near and long-term goals and objectives.
Business Partnering with commercial team to drive growth and profitability
- Prepare analysis and insights on the key drivers of financial performance for the Consumer business unit
- Prepare and manage customer and product profitability analysis and reporting
- Interpret and analyse customer specific requests from the sales team and partner to develop financial P&Ls and analytics
- Business partner to the Sales and Marketing teams, providing insightful analysis to support decision making
Financial reporting and analysis
- Support Financial reporting and analysis for all customers
- Daily and weekly sales reporting
- Support month-end processes, quarterly financial forecast and budget
- Financial data maintenance – support new product code creation, maintain product mapping, create system inputs of key financials during forecast and budget cycles.
Process Improvement and special projects
- Work to improve core commercial finance processes and reporting
- Ensure all processes are documented and Sarbanes Oxley compliant
- Prepare ad hoc commercial project viability studies
- Relevant degree or equivalent Qualification
- High level of Excel skills required and preferably experience of TM1 and SAP
- Experience in communicating effectively and building positive working relationships with commercial teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyse and interpret complex data to provide actionable insights to support decision making
- Strong personal leadership, being able to work in a results-driven culture with big focus on execution
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability and adopts a perspective of continuous improvement
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability to manage to deadlines
Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 60 locations in 25 countries and 170 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.