As one of UK's fastest growing International Own Label and partly Branded Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both Food Development and Leading Commercial solutions.
Their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers; which is further supported through unrivalled taste and traceability. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst giving providence and National/Regional heritage.
A major driver in their growth strategy over the next 5 years will be the strategic development of their "Foodservice & Manufacturing - B2B Channel". They have recently invested significant capital across manufacturing, NPD and Marketing; and they are now seeking to appoint a Senior National Account Manager to spearhead the Commercial Strategy further into the channel.
As the Senior National Account Manager you will take accountability managing the current UK Customer base within the Foodservice (Wholesale & End-User) and the B2B channel. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the channel and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with NPD and EPD, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Full P&L visibility not just at gross margin level but at ‘Contribution to Profit’ level – understanding influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions
- Be able to lead and execute the New Business Strategy.
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to be able to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products
- Manage product mix to maximise margin
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Sales Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The Product area in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and EPD initiatives where strength of character is key.
What you get in Return:
- Be Part of an Exciting high Growth Northern Based FMCG Business with a Family Feel to the Culture. But with the backing of a wider Global Group
- Trust and Freedom around how you manage your time.
- You also have the chance to part of forming the UK Culture/Team Approach.
- Be challenged with maintaining & winning new business.
- No Politics (Or as little as you can get)
- No Paralysis By Analysis (it's about Growth)
- Intellectual Stretch from the Sales Director you'll work with to help further your career
- Access to Leading Products & Exciting Brands they have yet to reach the UK
- Become part of a growing, fast paced and exciting business unit
Candidates must have gained strong experience across the Foodservice or the B2B/Manufacturing Channel and be working within the Food or Food Ingredients sector. Ideally with a strong emphasis on Account Growth and New Business Development.
- Must be High Potential (But not exclusively in the usual Blue-Chip/Corporate way)- Candidates may have become frustrated by the structural career development that can be found in Bigger FMCG Businesses; but they have huge potential to progress in a more “flexible” environment.
- Initiative Based, Well Disciplined & Action Focused
- Ideally Gained some level of Own Label/Private Label experience.
- Open to either Branded or Private Label candidates
- Ambitious, Enterprising & A Massive Hunger for Learning & Success
- High Integrity- In that they will be very open with any mistakes/miss-calculations that they make. If this were to happen; they would be the kind of person that would immediately alert their Line Manager/Senior Team
- Have a “Feel for the Deal”. What is meant by this is the ability to look and assess the information in front them; and then have the ability to sense/feel/see the opportunity/gap. (A Visionary Approach to account development)