The Pipers Direct Sales Function provides the foundations for Pipers long term profitable growth, building awareness, developing new customer channels, acquiring customers and engendering lifelong customer loyalty. Our Field Sales team is one of the main factors of Pipers Direct success. The passion that our Business Development Executives have for our brand and the drive to achieve success is what increases our customer base and product sales across the country. The new business developer has responsibility for opening new customers. They do this through cold calling pre identified targets to sell the benefits of Pipers, its USP's and services and converting 1st orders. They think strategically and identify, prospect and convert both independents and some group customers/key accounts, working commercially with the Field Sales Manager and collaboratively with all internal teams.
- Achievement of daily, weekly and monthly new business productivity measures.
- Achievement of 1st order targets, revenue & 3rd order retention targets
- Identify, prospect and convert group customers
- Develop and agree commercial trading agreements with key customers
- Work proactively with the Field Sales Manager (FSM) and the TSE team to ensure key customers are retained and managed appropriately
- Develop commercial terms with the FSM for key new business targets and key existing customers
- Identify call targets and create daily, weekly call files for field visits
- Set up prospects on CRM system and manage through to conversion
- Pro-actively use the CRM to ensure communication across departments for new customer opportunities
- Visit targets at their location to cold call and introduce Pipers crisps, selling the benefits and creating agreement for call back
- Make call backs to close agreement for 1st order & convert prospects to customers.
- Administrate 1st order within CRM system and customer account system (NAV) and hand over to TSE with full information pack
- Organise time to allow sufficient time for planning, prospecting, follow up and administration.
- Monitor and communicate competitor and wholesale activity working across internal departments as required.
- Attend customer trade shows as required to drive brand awareness and gain new opportunities for conversion
- Implement new marketing initiatives and feedback on results as required
- Analysis of lost customers (Ex'd) to reactivate key customers and increase retention rates
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Professionally confident
- Target Driven
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Structured & logical thinker
- Strong influencing skills
- Drive & dynamism
- Ability to develop commercial skills
- Ability to work across several IT platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, NAV)
Salary & Benefits
- £32,000 annual salary
- Business car
- Company mobile
- Flexible benefits package (25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell more, company pension, discounted private health care)
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.