Location: Stoneleigh, Warwickshire with agile working and travel to London
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you ready to make a significant impact in the world of sustainable supply chains? The National Farmers' Union is looking for a dynamic Chief Adviser to coordinate and manage our efforts in building resilient and mutually sustainable supply chains. This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of the UK's food and farming industry, shaping its future with your expertise and passion.
Purpose of the role & how you will contribute:
Lead and manage NFU's relationships with supply chain stakeholders, advocate for sustainable British sourcing, and empower farmer and grower businesses to develop climate-friendly and resilient supply chains. Drive policy priorities, foster fair supply chain principles, and support farm assurance for the benefit of British food and farming.
What you’ll bring:
You’ll have degree-level education and extensive experience in the UK food supply chain, along with comprehensive knowledge of supply chain dynamics, farm to fork sustainability agendas, government policy making and competition law. With proven experience in national representation, policy advocacy, and influential networking, you’ll be a keen problem solver with the ability to convey technical information clearly, and a passion for making a difference in the food industry.
Why choose us?
Join us and you’ll find an organisation that encourages and enables you to achieve your full potential. In return you will be rewarded with a full range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance (30 days a year pro rata + Bank Holidays), plus 1 annual company day
- Option to buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Company funded health Cashplan
- Health insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Performance-related pay
- Competitive Pension and Life assurance
- Access to interest-free loans for cars, bikes, season tickets and driving lessons
- Employee Assistance Program to help you deal with life’s challenges
- Discounts on new a range of vehicles, holiday rentals, wellbeing and lifestyle and many more
- Attractive, modern office, with on-site restaurant and free parking
We’re committed to recruiting a diverse and highly-talented workforce. We’ll support you by providing you with extensive learning and development opportunities and the opportunity build a career that balances your professional ambitions with your personal commitments including discussions around agile and flexible work options.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If we find the right person for the role, we reserve the right to withdraw this advert and close applications before the closing date.