- Exciting opportunity to join an insect based snack brand
- Make your mark as the first hire in an exciting start-up business
Are you passionate about food, sustainability and change?
My client is on a mission to build a better future both for our bodies and our planet. With the shift in buying patterns away from traditional proteins, my client has a truly innovative product in the alternative protein market.
My client is now looking for a Sales Manager to shape the market strategy, open and test different channels, build brand awareness and relationships and drive sales. If the idea of building a challenger brand in a competitive market excites you, then read on.
This is a multi-faceted, fast-paced role in a start-up. The successful candidate will be heavily client facing, leading product demonstrations and winning new businessDescription
- Build growth strategy: Shape & execute the sales strategy which includes defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain awareness and market share. Build short and long-term strategies, identify successes and opportunities which lead to the development of sales playbooks.
- Customers pipeline: You will be responsible for sales lead generation to new customers and driving the execution of sales in independent shops, workplace & education, contract caterers, foodservice and retail in the UK. Ensure own activities are captured in the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Manage & grow existing accounts: You will be the primary contact for all accounts and responsible for supporting and growing their business. You will implement in-store initiatives to drive increased traffic and higher in-store sales. In-field days will be necessary.
- Manage distributors: You will be the day-to-day contact with UK distributors and responsible for managing the relationships, including training, sales material supply, and performance.
- Lead reviews, events: Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. Including but not limited to: tabletop presentations, trade/industry events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field-related activities. Being a new brand, there is a lot of sampling initially.
- Track success: Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets and goals, and establish a plan for achieving them. Manage tools and materials the sales function needs to achieve business objectives.
- Maintain financial discipline: Manage trade budgets across all channels.
- Forecasting: Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned.
- People management: Work closely with the CEO and further down the line, build your team of sales representatives.
- Must have a passion for winning new business
- Proven success of driving growth in convenience, foodservice, contract caterers and/or retail
- Understanding of category management a bonus
- Experience running trade shows, events and in-store demos
- Must be self-starter with a passion for selling
- Must enjoy being client facing and time in trade
- Strong account management skills
- Have a strong network of buying contacts within the industry
- Strong analytical skills with metrics based, results-driven approach (experience in Kantar Worldpanel, Nielsen, or similar would be a bonus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel in the UK and broader Europe when needed
- Experience within the sustainability sector (bonus)
- Experience working in a start-up or desire to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment essential
- OTE / Bonus - to be mutually defined and agreed around targets
- Share options (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday off + Break between Xmas & New Year
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly free breakfast & drinks
- Hybrid working model - 2 days a week at co-working offices