Join a Team as a Sales Account Manager for a Prestige Wine client of mine in London!
Are you passionate about the world of fine wines and eager to make your mark in the exciting world of wine? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
My client is a leading name in the wine industry, dedicated to sourcing and delivering the finest wines from around the world. Their commitment to excellence, quality, and exceptional customer service has made them a renowned player in the UK wine market.
Job Overview: As a Sales Account Manager, you will be a vital part of their dynamic team. You will work closely with prestigious wineries, restaurants, and wine retailers to deliver their exceptional range of wines. This role offers you the chance to showcase your passion for wine and develop lasting relationships with our valued clients.
- To identify and seek out profitable sales opportunities with a designated account base, targeting new business which is operationally viable, sustainable, and commercially rewarding for my client and its partners.
- This is an ambassadorial role, representing my client and its agencies in the U.K. on-trade sector, with responsibility for implementing Marketing-derived brand activity plans, including support activities.
- You will need to be positive and proactively participate within a results-driven team, by displaying an entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude.
- Achieve agreed sales budgets for volume, value and profit margin for every listing.
- Add new profitable businesses without seriously compromising sales in other sectors.
- Build business relationships between my client and all management levels of the designated account base.
- Provide forecasting accuracy/feedback to aid logistics where necessary.
- Develop a productive working relationship with Marketing, Logistics & other back-office departments.
- Manage pricing, promotional expenditure and profitability for all designated accounts.
- Champion all discussions within my client to ensure relationships between customer, producer & client are cordial and beneficial to all parties.
- Manage & use customer data to ensure stock levels and sales are optimised.
- Keep the Company one step ahead of the competition by feeding back brand and market intelligence.
- Champion and articulate my client's image to all customers and producers.
- Assist in ensuring the portfolio is relevant and in line with customer and consumer needs.
- Make a difference - Constantly challenge the way we do business to increase Sales and Gross Profit.
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail, able to complete a detailed price proposal for a customer as well as interpret a Profit and loss sheet and assimilate data quickly.
- Ability to apply sales knowledge to recognise buying signals and successfully close deals with buyers.
- Ability to source, interpret and capitalise on market data or trends for maximum brand benefit.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conviction, and diplomacy. Ability to communicate and convince at all levels within a customer account. A confident spokesperson for the company both internally and externally.
- A confident ‘brand ambassador’. Outgoing and personable, able to plan and manage tastings and handle after-hour events.
- Will regularly spend time in the trade supporting listings and accounts.
- A confident, articulate “___ Brand Ambassador.”
- Can seek out and create sales opportunities in challenging economic environments.
- Lateral thinker, ability to think holistically to solve problems, developed negotiating skills.
- Passionate about my client and their portfolio, but able to avoid confrontation.
- Actively seeks knowledge of customer/consumer attitudes.
- Listens to customers’ viewpoints.
- Able and confident to work without supervision but knows when to seek help from others.
- Can provide a robust rationale for decisions made.
PLANNING & ORGANISATION
- Structured planning ability to handle a high workload without supervision.
- Reliable, proactive, and organise time cost-effectively.
- Ability to see through a brand vision and operate tactically.
- Initiates new account strategies and building activities.
- Supports other team members and adds value by engaging in creative problem-solving.
- Committed to the company, and the job role, with a positive and highly motivated work ethos.
- Objective-orientated, persistent, determined – “A winner”.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Well-educated, articulate, and numerate.
- Must have experience with premium drinks.
- Experienced in handling on-trade customers.
- A strong background in wine and education to WSET 2.
- Experience in selling luxury brands advantageous.
- Experience working with Brand Owners and strategic brand development.
- Practical knowledge of using and interpreting Market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI].
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly computer literate, using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A team player with engaging personal skills.
- Competitive base salary with an attractive bonus structure.
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support to help you succeed.
- A fantastic working environment in the heart of London's wine culture.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A chance to work with some of the finest wines in the world!
If you're ready to be part of a prestigious team and take your career to the next level in the world of wine, we want to hear from you!
Join us in our mission to bring the world's most exquisite wines to London and beyond! Elevate your career and your palate with my client.
🍷🌟 Cheers to a bright future in the world of fine wines! 🌟🍷