Supports the Merchandising Team in weekly trading preparation, seasonal planning, stock purchasing, and intake. Sets up and maintains analysis and administration systems to document and manage the Merchandising process accurately. Takes lead responsibility for weekly and seasonal Merchandising reporting.Client Details
My client is a leading online retailer of premium bedding and bath linens and is renowned for their quality products and loved by customers.Description
● Prepares ad hoc analysis to support range development, stock availability, and promotional planning.
● Ensures that data and analysis have an outstanding level of integrity and accuracy.
● Sets up and maintains range planning tools on a weekly basis e.g. the Plan Doc.
● Translates line-level forecasts into purchase order proposals and manages them in line with the OTB/WSSI.
● Ensures preparation is completed in line with critical paths and supplier lead times.
● Takes ownership of critical paths to ensure on-time product delivery.
● Takes ownership of the preparation and timely delivery of Trading reports.
● Ensures any weekly trading actions are promptly followed through to completion.
● Prepares weekly markdown/promotional deal analysis and costing tool.
● Ensures In Stock Availability, OTB, WSSI, and planning documents are actualised in a timely and accurate manner.
● Prepares PO proposals and phasing in line with the OTB and WSSI.
● Manages all stock rephasing and tactical trading actions and ensures the MA reflects all movements accurately within the system.
● Takes ownership for the on-time delivery of stock into the business.
● Creates weekly supplier payments list for action by Merchandising Assistant.
● Leads on Weekly & Seasonal Merchandising reporting
● Supports the Merchandise Assistant to deliver an accurate weekly delivery schedule and ensures actions are dealt with in a timely manner. At peak times or in absence of MA, provides complete Delivery Schedule cover; fielding
queries and issues with suppliers, freight forwarders and 3PL.
● Builds and maintains strong working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, warehousing, and shipping partners to optimise the supply chain.
● Creates and updates quarterly supplier forecasts and monitors buffer stocks.
● Maintains a continual dialogue with the Junior Merchandiser / Merchandiser on progress and issues.
● Helps support B&M team in organising relevant preparation for supplier visits.
● Undertakes adhoc projects as required.Profile
● Experienced at a Merchandising Assistant or at Assistant Merchandiser level, with a minimum of 2 years merchandising experience .
● Experience working in an eCommerce retail business would be beneficial, but not essential.
● Relevant degree or business related qualification idea, but not obligatory.
● Numerate and Analytical, with excellent accuracy and Excel skills.
● A confident communicator, extremely well organised, with strong attention to detail.
● Has a can-do attitude and uses initiative to solve problems
● Self motivated and ability to work as part of a teamJob Offer
£28,000 per annum on a hybrid working pattern.