The role in focus is that of an Account Manager - Foodservice.
This position entails working predominantly from home, with customer visits and a day's commitment per week at the Oxford office.
Reporting to the Commercial Controller (Foodservice), the selected individual will play a pivotal role in nurturing the existing clientele and exploring new prospects for both products and customers.Client Details
My client has carved a niche for themselves in the industry by consistently sourcing and supplying top-notch food ingredients. They primarily serve the Food Manufacturing and Foodservice sectors in the UK + Ireland, having established supply partnerships throughout Europe and further afield, they offer a diverse range of Tomato, Fats, and Oil products to elite food service and manufacturing businesses around the world.
This vacancy sits within a team that is a market leading (70%) - think food + sauces! They are now expanding their range. The reason for the vacancy is to support the continued growth and success of the business.
For those seeking to advance their career with a dynamic, privately-owned entity, here's an enticing opportunity. The company invites candidates to join their team that manages catering to a vast clientele, from artisans to iconic high street brands, their reputation stems from forging enduring partnerships, anchored on their unmatched ability to procure and deliver ingredients of unparalleled quality.
Boasting a rich legacy that spans over 30 years, they've been unwavering in their support to food manufacturers and service providers across the UK, Ireland, and even beyond. They have earned accolades for their specialisation in tomatoes, oils, fats, pizza sauces, and toppings. Description
The successful Account Manager - Foodservice will be involved in the: Management and nurturing of an existing customer portfolio.Drive and orchestrate sales initiatives to boost revenue from both current and prospective clients.Oversee, review, and ensure the compliance and coverage of customer contracts.Enforce and oversee the company's credit control policy.Analyze sales data and account details, providing informed conclusions.Oversee the designated budget in alignment with the Commercial Controller.Constantly assess product margins and stay updated on sales trends within the sector.Supply the customer service team with accurate sales data.Collaborate with OLCS to set stock parameters, ensuring stock meets customer demands.Foster strong relationships with vital personnel across the customer base.Handle all aspects of Account Management, including pricing, logistics, addressing complaints, dispatching samples, and reporting.Work in tandem with the Technical team to furnish customers with the necessary information.Coordinate with peers across different teams to capitalize on cross-sector opportunities.Profile
The successful Account Manager - Foodservice will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Experience looking after Foodservice Accounts/Foodservice Industry. I.e. Brakes/Bidfood/Nestle although, you won't necessarily be managing these accounts so other foodservice accounts - please apply!
- Committed to one day a week, in Oxford
- Couple days out on customer visits / working home-based!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence across various levels.
- Ability to work independently, manage your own diary, meet tight schedules, and demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Proficiency in presenting and analysing data.
- Ability to establish, uphold, and monitor high standards while professionally acknowledging and surpassing client expectations.
- Understanding of account needs and strategies to capitalise on opportunities.
- Familiarity with the product range and company capabilities.
- Commercial insight - recognising new opportunities through entrepreneurial vision and business insight.
- Positive demeanour coupled with energy, determination, and enthusiasm.
The successful Account Manager - Foodservice could receive:
- £40-50k basic + 5K Car Allowance OR Company Car
- 20% bonus (based on individual targets + company performance) - very realistic being a 70% market leader
- 25 days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays!
- Excellent company which offers progression internally!
- Home-based working
- One day in Oxford
- Couple days out on the road - you manage your own diary!
If you're interested please apply today! Shortlisting ASAP.
Please include your CV and not a Linked In resume.
Catherine De Sousa