Our client is an exciting Branded Food Business that has been Number 1 in the market for over 10 years!!! They have an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Brand Investment. Their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. With some of the most recognisable Brands within the Retail Space they serve, they are at the forefront of strong organic growth across several categories/product areas.
As the Business Development Manager you will take accountability keys Customers within the Convenience Channel. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Managing and Growing Current Business.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Account Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “tough trading” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The client is open to candidates from either Regional, NAE or Key Account Management across the following areas:
- Convenience Channel- Wholesale or Retail
- Cash & Carry
- Wholesale Foodservice Channel
Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.