An exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our busy Retail Sales Team.
Applications are invited from committed, reliable and proactive individuals, capable of operating efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic working environment. Reporting directly to the Senior Commercial Manager, candidates will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, confident of liaising at all levels both internally and externally.
Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail, the Commercial Manager will play a pivotal role maintaining category leading customer service. Responsible for the strategic leadership, development & management of one or more retail customer accounts and the setting and managing sales budget and plans against targets and company objectives. Building effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, the Commercial Manager will work in collaboration with all associated departments, to ensure alignment of customer plans across the relevant business areas to assist maximising performance. Responsible also for the development and management of direct reports, the Commercial Manager will have sharp commercial awareness with the ability to identify and unlock new business opportunities utilising relevant industry insight and data.
- Full sales and gross margin responsibility for designated accounts
- Proposing, agreeing, setting and benchmarking KPI objectives
- Manage weekly and seasonal price negotiations
- Plan and execute customer plans to drive growth
- Build effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Effective management of sales budget
- Use customer sales data to support consumer insights and drive commercial actions to grow sales
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous multiple Retail account management experience
- Strong customer engagement skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic working environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent level
- Previous FMCG or Food/Produce experience an advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, email and internet
Why Work for Barfoots?
- Investors in People Silver Award
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits Platform
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Approved centre for Highfield qualifications
- Free on-site parking
- Committed to sustainability