C Supplies is one of the UK’s largest suppliers to the business sector. We supply a wide range of household goods to numerous organisations including Charities, Councils and various business within the B2B sectors. We supply over 5,000 products across electrical appliances, furniture, beds and technology items.
We are an online based company, with always expanding customer base and we require a Category Lead to join our Supply team for a full-time contract within the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to lead and turn our category and sales data into actionable initiatives that will unlock category growth. This role will support the supply team to be functioning efficiently and maintain a high level of quality regarding the purchasing process and product categories & ranges.
This role is on-site, based at our office and warehouse in Littlehampton, ability to commute is required.
Monday-Friday: 08:30 - 17:00, 37.5 hours.
Salary: £35,000 pa (dependant on experience) + performance bonus
- Review ranges and product categories, ensure pricing is in line with company's objectives
- Identify and clearly define key category and opportunities to generate growth
- Combine skills in negotiation and category development to increase sales
- Lead the planning and category growth agenda
- Work with the sales team by providing category and customer insight that helps shape strategies & tactics to deliver the annual plan
- Source the best products & establish the best price from the most suitable supplier
- Ensure cost effectiveness wherever possible when buying in bulk
- Liaise with the Warehouse Manager to optimise stock arrivals
- Pricing and Product management, monitoring and improving product visibility across our websites
- Establish new (and develop existing) relationships with suppliers
- Find promotional items throughout the year so we can offer discounted products to our customers
- Attend to relevant events with suppliers and manufacturers throughout the year
- Travelling is required for training at our Dorset office with the Supply team.
Who are we looking for?
This is a busy, hands-on role - experience in a buying or commercial role is required. You must be able to demonstrate strong time-management skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure always with attention to detail.
A good knowledge of Excel is a prerequisite. Full training will be given on our PIM and ERP systems.
We are looking for a confident individual to fit in with our always expanding team, that has:
- Category or insight background - ideally
- Strong understanding of Category Management principles
- commercial awareness and be able to develop and deliver scale category solutions/recommendations
- Ability to demonstrate importance of Distribution, Space & Range
- Ability to create actionable insight that drive change
- Product management knowledge and stock procurement based on forecasts & sales data
- Analytical thinking and control of multiple data sources
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Very clear verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills
- Ability to produce and analyse various reports for the management.
Other aspects of the role
This role will be based at our Littlehampton office with occasional travel, therefore a full driving licence and ability to travel is essential. For the first few months, weekly/fortnightly travelling to our Dorset office might be required, for training with the Supply team.
Please send CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Be part of a great team and work with friendly and professional people.
- Ongoing training to help you to develop your skills, knowledge, and experience.
- 23 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Performance bonuses
- Private health
- Company pension
- Company events
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
We pride ourselves on working together as one team. We care about doing a great job and be proud of our achievements. Our goal is to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development, and we all share the success and accomplishments.