We need to deliver on our promise to customers by securing quality products at the best price. And that starts with you. As one of our National Buying Directors, you’ll develop the sales, profitability and future growth of our business.
If you’re a hardworking individual that’s ready to kick-start your career with an award-winning employer, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role:
We’re on the lookout for hard-working, commercial and experienced buyers to join our growing team at our Head Office in Atherstone.
The objective of the role is to prepare buying decisions which develop the sales and profitability of your categories, taking into account market, qualitative and commercial factors. In fulfilling your duties, you will be expected to engage and develop the knowledge and initiative of your Buying Assistant team.
You will need to be a skilled negotiator who is confident working with suppliers and our International Buying and Sourcing departments. Your ability to drive innovation and deliver solutions is key to the role. Along with attending trade fairs and meeting suppliers, delivering the best prices and offering great quality will be your motivation.
Guided by your leadership and people management skills, your team (across multiple job titles) will work collaboratively to utilise initiative and share knowledge that feeds into your vision. You should inspire a motivated team that’s clear about their personal development and bursting with ideas to enable your categories to grow in line with the wider business strategy.
You are responsible for finding, developing and managing suppliers, to negotiate and deliver against our business targets whilst ensuring that exceptional product quality is achieved & maintained across either food or non-food categories. You will forecast effectively and always be cost-conscious. A role of this magnitude requires you to lead your Buying team alongside taking full responsibility and accountability for liaising with multiple departments such as Sustainability, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Recent experience working within Grocery Buying/Grocery Retail
• Experience within a senior management team
• Must be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
• A full UK driving licence is essential.
What You’ll Get in Return
• Six figure salary with further increases based on length of service
• Monday- Friday 8am to 6pm, with the opportunity for remote working 2 days per week
• 6 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• In office flexi-time
• Full training provided
• Pension scheme
• Private employee medical insurance
• Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
• Company sick pay scheme
• Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay
• Long service rewards.
• Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you the chance to make a real difference, apply today!