Hepworth’s was created in 2001 following the disposal of King & Barnes brewery in Horsham West Sussex. Head brewer, Andy Hepworth, together with a collection of his key team members and far-sighted investors, took the leap to establish a brewery to create craft and contemporary beers. Twenty-One years later, the brewery is located in a purpose-built facility near Pulborough providing contract brewing services as well as brewing fourteen gluten free, mostly organic and vegan friendly own label ales and lagers maintaining traditional values and techniques but in a 21st Century facility with a key focus on sustainability, quality and taste.
We are winners of multiple awards more recently the Winner of the Beer category of the Great British Food Awards 2021 .Our success is attributable to the high quality of our team, the ingredients we use, the methods we employ and our extensive experience all combining to produce the perfect pint. We seek a likeminded and enthusiastic professional sales and business development executive to join us and help build our business.
To lead and develop the sales function of Hepworth’s to devise an effective sales plan. Identify and deliver new business opportunities. Develop and maintain relationships with key customers within the Core Area (defined initially as Sussex - extending to Southern Home Counties on achieving Key Targets), ensuring retention and organic growth. More specifically:
- Achieve volume and profit targets on own brewed products.
- Territory planning and customer account management.
- New Business prospecting to meet new accounts targets.
- Maximise sales of all products within existing accounts to help achieve trading profit and volume targets.
- Devise and use all sales promotions and promotional material to drive sales.
- Develop and build relationships within current accounts.
- To act as a passionate ambassador of our brands and the Company.
- To develop profitable sales within the Core Area. Build relationships with key industry representatives.
- Must have the ability to deal with major multiple accounts.
- Research new business opportunities and gain leads through prospecting accounts daily.
- Successfully run and execute events within on-trade outlets, creating exceptional experiences building consumer trial and awareness.
- To attend and represent Hepworth’s at relevant trade and consumer events.
- Monitor, collect and collate market intelligence to use in planning and customer communications.
- To be able demonstrate a clear understanding of the industry’s challenges and how best to deal with customer expectations.
The Person - Key Attributes & Experience
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business Excellent selling and negotiation skills built on trust and reliability
- Strong, reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales Sales experience in the drinks industry is necessary.
- Background exposure to working with premium drinks. Ideally within both on & off trade
- Demonstrable evidence of success, creativity, and commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation, organisation and influencing skills to drive commercial success.
- A dynamic approach to sales. Demonstrates strong account management experience
- Able to demonstrate a record of delivering and managing a number of key projects simultaneously
- Can demonstrate an understanding of brand plans at Point of Purchase Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work on their own
- Is accountable for achieving results and takes responsibility for any mistakes
- Must be resilient – confident – persistent
- Ability to present and communicate to a high standard Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills desirable
Pay & Benefits.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Car Allowance: £4,500 pa (electric car only).
Bonus Scheme: % of salary subject to performance (for discussion at offer).
Private Health: BUPA membership available.
Holiday: 20 days plus statutory & bank holidays.
Pension: A Workplace Pension Scheme is in place.
Senior, reporting to the Managing Director.
The role is home based. You will be self-motivated and organised, working on your own initiative and managing your diary through effective journey and call planning.
The role will often require working evenings and weekends.