Creed is a family business established in 1972 which is ambitious with its growth within the industry. We deliver a great range of multi temperature food products, including our butchery and fresh range to caterers across the country from our bases in Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe. It's a great place to be and we are proud of our role in supporting our local community. We are dedicated to creating a great place to work, with great people and in 2020 were listed by Sunday Times as one of the top 100 companies to work for, having achieved a “two star” status with best companies. Our people are committed to our values, choose their attitude and focus on the needs of the customer. They work hard and are committed to providing a great service but want to have some fun and development along the way. Our employees often get involved in charity events, attend the company conversations, put forward their ideas for improvement and contribute in the team briefings. Our core business values are being: Commercial, Proud, Friendly and Nurturing.
Within this role you will achieve and exceed sales and cash margin targets, open profitable new accounts and maximise opportunities aligned with the sales strategy and targets set by identifying category gaps, setting objectives for each call and and successfully securing new sales to existing customers to maximise average drop value and achieving new business targets. You will be supported by a Telesales and Customer Service partner based in the Ilkeston office who will support you to achieve territory goals and drive sales.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Achieve sales and margin targets based on a commercial/budgeted plan.
- Win & retain profitable new business, grow retained customer sales and margins to facilitate achievement of budgeted targets. in line with company standards.
- Ensure an appropriate level of regular customer contact to achieve targets with planned objectives and defined outputs prior to each call.
- Work with internal departments and suppliers to maximise sales, margins and deliver excellent Customer Service.
- Drive agreed company campaigns and support the sales strategy to meet and exceed customer and company targets.
- Work closely with your Telesales colleagues to ensure compliance, retention and delivery of company campaigns.
- Maintain full understanding for your defined geographical area portfolio and each customer of sales, margin and customer performance v targets utilising available tools (such as Vecta).
- Ensure all relevant administrative and reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner for all day-to-day work and ad-hoc requirements when requested.
- Maintain a sufficient number of new prospect and pipeline opportunities to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience and a proven track record of account management and prospecting new accounts within the foodservice sector – winning and growing new business, retention, gross margin and sales growth.
- Product knowledge and awareness.
- Organised, planned, PC literate able to work to targets, deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management and customer service skills.
- A customer-oriented approach to account management which aims to exceed expectations.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Sound commercial awareness and business acumen.
What you get in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Training and development and career progression opportunities.
- Recognition for doing a great job and going the extra mile from customers, your department and the rest of the business.
- Respect and support from your team, supervisors and managers.
- 33 Days of annual leave per year.
- Life insurance for 2 times your annual salary.
- Employee discount on purchases and regular special offers for staff.
- Access to an online discount portal, providing discounts for gyms, the cinema, supermarkets, high street retailers, cashback for changing your electricity supplier and much more helping you to save money on purchases that you would ordinarily make.
- Employee assistance programme that offers confidential support and advice which includes free access to legal advice, wellness programmes and much more.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme.
Creed also offer employees the opportunity to join our Savings Scheme, join the Staff Lottery to support our selected charities and be in with the chance of winning £250 each month, an additional day off each year which you can use to help a charitable cause of your choice and much more. We are also a Living Wage Foundation accredited employer.
Apply now if you think you have what it takes to succeed as a Business Development Manager at Creed Foodservice.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, as outlined in our equal opportunities policy.