Customer Category Manager - Nutrition (Tesco)
Business Area: Nestlé Nutrition
Location: Gatwick (Hybrid working – approx. 2 flexible days a week in the office)
Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience + car allowance + potential bonus + 12 flexible days in addition to holiday entitlement + other fantastic benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity and here at Nestlé many of our colleagues work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours and remote working. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you.
Our Nestlé Nutrition team are recruiting for a Customer Category Manager to join the team. This is an exciting and pivotal role that will see you develop, lead and execute our customer category plans in partnerships with Tesco and other customers for our Nestlé Nutrition infant formula and food brands, SMA, Little Steps and Cerelac. We are looking for an experienced commercial individual who has the ability to always ‘put the category first’ ensuring we operate as a real impartial strategic partner to our customers to support long term category growth that drives our commercial ambitions.
A day in the life of a Customer Category Manager...
You will be responsible for developing and deploying tailored channel and category plans at a customer level, including point of purchase solutions to deliver overall category growth resulting in market share growth for Nestlé Nutrition, whilst ensuring impartiality with the customer.
You will also:
- Build great external relationships by being the first port of call and a trusted source for Buying/Merchandising Teams relating to any category questions, insight and recommendations.
- Carefully interrogate customer and category performance to drive positive actions.
- Execute the category strategy ensuring personalisation to meet the retailer’s needs and generate engagement and commitment.
- Successfully execute the category drivers for the channel within your customer via the delivery of the point of purchase vision, through adjacency and flow recommendations to retailers at range reviews and throughout the year.
- Deliver best in class insight, engaging retailers with promotional insight to influence the effective use of promotions, developing and implementing best in class examples of latest online and in store executions.
- Have a deep understanding of shoppers and their behaviours within your customers.
- Lead the category agenda within the integrated commercial planning (ICP) process, ensuring our internal plans are fit for purpose for our customers.
- Closely monitor industry and competitor activity, to ensure our strategic commercial vision is in line with market demands in a constantly changing, competitive environment that we work in.
What will make you successful
To be successful you will already have some fantastic category and commercial experience under your belt, ideally with proven experience of delivering in a category role previously. If you have worked in an FMCG environment with experience in the infant nutrition category and/or working with Tesco this would be desirable.
You will be passionate, tenacious; results focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Acting as an ambassador for our Nestlé Nutrition brands, you will have commercial capability and have experience of influencing across all levels internally and externally, ideally within a matrix structure.
You will also:
- Have a great analytical approach to drive insight and be able to transform data into compelling stories that drives actions and return on investment.
- Be adaptable, demonstrating agility to use your initiative to solve challenges rapidly and often in a creative way.
- Understand the importance of working in a customer centric way.
- Be courageous, we’re not afraid to think differently and embrace new ideas. We want you to disrupt what we do in the right way to drive great results and change.
- Love of learning, understanding 'why?' and ability to share this both externally and internally in a compelling way.
Across Nestlé, we are creating an environment where we all feel we belong, we are the best we can be, and we win together. We want people to feel they can be themselves, dare greatly and believe their best is yet to come.
We will actively encourage you to gain different experiences in a wide range of roles across both Category Sales and Marketing. We want our people to have the breadth and depth of experience and as a result access fantastic career opportunities which could lead to a wide range of exciting roles both in the UK and across other markets.
Supported by our industry leading eBusiness and Sales Academies which develops you in all aspects of eCommerce, customer and category management, you truly can achieve your full potential whatever that might mean for you.
We will provide support and coaching to help you develop yourself in your career and as an individual, as well as offering the great benefits that you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus up to an additional 12 days flex leave, bank holiday exchange, competitive pension scheme and much more.
What you need to know
We will be considering and interviewing candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Job advert posting date 01/07/2022
Job advert closing date 31/07/2022
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home Office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.