National Account Manager – Retail
Competitive salary + benefits
Our client has grown from strength to strength in the last 10 years, boasting sales and profitability which are meeting and exceeding year on year annual targets. This allows for a welcoming family feel culture in their UK offices with full global back up and a portfolio of instantly recognisable brands to work with. Their impressive growth has been reached through creating high quality products, constant innovation, strong brands and expanding through well founded merges and acquisitions. As a business they boast an incredibly high staff retention rate, with a team of likeminded individuals who are recognised and rewarded for their contribution. Our client has ambitious plans over the next few years, boasting a robust investment plan. As part of these plans our client are looking to add into their already high performing retail commercial division.
The purpose of your role as National Account Manager will be to support the delivery of targeted sales and profitability within the agreed retail customers and category. You will be expected to develop and implement a strategic relationship within the agreed customers whilst also identifying and capturing sales opportunities. It will be expected that you not only lead on the delivery of the UK P&L agenda, but also manage specific trade spend within the customer, ensuring efficiency and the objective of overall shopper engagement.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Working with your customer to develop a joint business plan that is aligned with our clients requirements and objectives.
- Participating in the agreed demand and supply cycle meetings, delivering on all company goals and requirements.
- Supporting the Business Unit Controller in responding to the development of customer specific activations needs.
- Owning and maintaining the customer relationships and needs.
- Understanding the category and channel strategy, ensuring customer account plans are aligned.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must have a proven track record of successfully managing customers within UK top 4, 2nd tier, discount or online retail channels. It is essential that you have advanced skills within negotiation, customer management, trade spend management and excellence in execution. This an incredibly fast paced organisation, so it is also essential you are able to work in this type of environment.
Please apply below or call Matthew Marshall on 07889 659839 for further information.