My client, based in Hertfordshire, are a market leading manufacturer of some of the biggest brands in the babycare industry and are looking to add a Key Account Manager to their highly successful sales team.Client Details
My client manufacturer some of the biggest and well known brands in the baby industry. With a global reach and state of the art manufacturing sites they have won multiple awards and are a business that strive for excellent.
They have always aspired towards excellence, counting on integrated and highly qualified teams, who focus on research, innovation, and technology. The
also collaborate with certified partners to guarantee the best quality for their consumers.
Sustainability is a massive part of what they do, having a positive effective on the environment and taking care of future generations is part of their ethos.
The business itself will give excellent and comprehensive training to a driven candidate looking to progress their career. Description
This is a well-balanced future focused role with accountabilities concentrated on developing various accounts, strategic and tactical.
As a Key Account Manager - Babycare you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of a selection of key retail customers, responsibilities will include:
- Build, manage and negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines. Creating the channels pricing architecture.
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance) Joining up internal and external teams to deliver maximum efficiency.
- Application of Category Management; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs. i.e Manage product mix to maximise margin
- Drive distribution of existing and new products within the given account portfolio and prospect account list and in full alignment with the company's strategies. Delivering the channels trade and preview events, Managing effective communication of Brands plans to retailer base.
- Deliver JBP's with clear KPI's for top retailers, and that annual goals are achieved including turnover, GM and promotional spend.
- Manage effective communication of Brands & Category Solutions. Execute all points of purchase to the highest standard e.g. store, on-line, print, events
- Working within the Customer Development Team, manage the promotional execution database and template with evaluation of promotional activity and corresponding report back to the wider team.
- Full management and responsibility of UK independent Trade Investment. Exercising control and ensuring no overspending whilst maximising any agreed activity with positive ROI.
- Full management and responsibility of channels forecast, aligning to the businesses model of 'never over stock and never out of stock'
- Add value outside of the job description via initiatives, creative ideas & special projects
- Create and deliver brand and product training for "gold standard" execution in the independent channel.
The Successful Key Account Manager - Babycare:
- You will be currently operating as a Key Account Manager / National Account Executive / Field Sales Manager with experience managing / supporting retail accounts and a P&L.
- You will have a proven track record working for an FMCG or Consumer Durables manufacturer
- Proven track record of developing & implementing successful partnerships
- Demonstrated experience building and/or significantly upgrading sales capability including appropriate performance tracking processes and reward mechanisms. e developing and executing JBP's
- Experience of working cross-functionally within focused Marketing & category management
- Broader commercial experience; an effective operator as part of a team i.e confidence to deliver the company wide strategies to internal and external parties.
- Solid understanding of promotional mechanisms and calendars, ROI awareness and understanding when to say yes/ no.
- Highly numerical & analytical - i.e able to build a full pricing and marketing proposal, creation of supporting work sheets (i.e Pivot tables) that lead to clear analyse of sales data and performance.
- You will be driven, hungry and eager to learn
- Be commutable to a Hertfordshire head office 3 days a week, with 2 days a week working from home.
The Successful Key Account Manager - Babycare:
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum basic salary
- £5,000 per annum car allowance
- 10% bonus
- Other company benefits
- You will be commutable to a Hertfordshire head office 3 days a week, with 2 days a week working from home.
If you are interested please apply or call Jon Dolbear on 07780 005638.