We have been producing great tasting food for over 185 years, since William Symington founded the company in 1827 and shortly after applied for the patent to produce soup from Pea Flour. Our history travels via the Crimean war, via Gracie Fields advertising onto our present state.
Today we are a leading branded convenience food business that strongly believes convenience doesn’t mean compromise on taste. Excitingly, we are also now part of a growing Italian food business having recently joined Newlat Food SPA, who are committed to increased investment and rapid growth in the UK.
We strive through our brands to innovate and grow every market we operate in.
- We have exciting brands bought by millions of people every day.
- We are also at the forefront of on-trend high growth categories and product areas.
- Our Naked brand continues to grow, delivering authentic Asian flavour in convenient formats
- The Mug Shot, Hungry Elephant, Oatburst and Chicken Tonight brands complete a fantastic portfolio of grocery brands all set for innovation and growth in the coming years
Our product development team is always busy cooking up new ideas, so there’ll be many more exciting & flavoursome products to come!
So, what’s it really like to work for us?
Here at Symington’s, we’re invested in what we do. Every decision we make is guided by our company Values which embody everything we stand for. That’s why we’re proud to share them with you:
- We are Passionate Foodies- We want to be famous for making food that tastes amazing. We live and breathe food – it’s in our DNA. We strive to be the most innovative food business that we can be. We are proud of our food heritage.
- We earn People’s Trust- We trust in the abilities of our talented teams, and nurture their potential. We are one team we support, trust and constructively challenge each other. We are our authentic selves integrity is at our core. We are honest and transparent in everything we do
- We do The Right Thing- We do the right thing for our people, for our business, for our community and for the environment.
- We act like Owners- We have an entrepreneurial spirit. We find solutions. We are all accountable. We are not afraid to get things wrong.
Luckily there is now an opportunity to join us and be part of the Team, as we’re seeking to recruit an exceptional National Account Manger to support us in our continued growth within the Grocery & Convenience Channel.
Reporting to the Senior National Account Manager you will be challenged and developed across Grocery & Convenience National Accounts.
- Work closely with the SNAM to grow sales and profit of your accounts.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day requirements of the account.
- Responsible for working Cross Functionally to make sure the Business is aligned with customers priorities & objectives
- Provide support to the SNAM to aid delivery of the Company and Business Unit sales and margin targets
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all incoming queries directly from the Customers
- Responsible for clear, accurate and timely communication to the Customer
- Ensure adherence to Customer agreements
- Develop and strengthen relationships with all customers
- Develop and grow productive cross functional relationships across the business
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing/Manufacturing/Procurement/Planning teams
- Work with NPD to manage Retailer Brand development and ongoing range management
- Work with Brand Managers to develop correct ranges for customers
- Continually advise Retail Brand Team of changes due on existing ranging
- Understand Market trends & key competitor launches alongside category dynamics
Self-Development & Business Behaviours
- Become knowledgeable of technical and product development processes.
- Take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- Reinforce and reflect the business vision and values with all internal and external stakeholders.
- A True Leader (High Level of Emotional Intelligence) This business is not simply about "getting the job done"', but also "How" you do this. (And the impact on others around You)
- Promote a pro-active and focused team culture throughout key departments within the business to drive success of all projects
- Listen & take on board any feedback which is given, both positive & negative.
The ideal candidate will have gained FMCG experience within either a Branded or Own Label Business and will have already gained some level of Customer Facing Experience. Given that we believe in innate Potential and the power of a positive attitude, we can be more open about where your Account Management experience might have come from.
We welcome candidates from any of the following areas:
- Retail, Cash & Carry or C&I etc.
- High Street or Discounter Channel or even Foodservice
- Retail/Buy Side Candidates
We are also open on the level of experience you may have, this could be from
- NAE level or even Regional/Territory Account Management
- Key Account Management
- Or Full National Account Management
Rest assured, if you’ve got the potential, we’ll unlock it!
Please Note: We have chosen to Partner with PT Executive, therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.