Job Title: Senior NPD Manager
Location: London + Remote working
Salary: Up to £70k + Benefits
We are a truly iconic super FMCG Food Business who have seen massive growth since we started, working internationally from our London head office. We are as ambitious as ever and are looking to grow the business even further by doubling turnover in the next 3 years, hence the creation of this position.
To develop & lead the innovation programme for the business, working closely with your peers in marketing, chef, Technical and Procurement manufacturing to develop & maintain a considered and relevant NPD & EPD pipeline to support business growth, over at least a 3-year period. The Senior NPD Manager will also have full responsibility for any third-party manufacturing from process, sign off and management.
Development & delivery of Strategic Innovation Delivery
- Deliver 3 major Innovations from concept to launch into the market by 2025
Lead Projects through the Innovation Gate Process
- Communicate and lead live projects through the Gate process working closely with cross functional teams to deliver to brief, on time and to budget meeting NPD hurdle rates for projects
- Be accountable for timings and crunch points throughout projects with rigour on dates and effective communication across the teams.
Ideas, insight identification, concept and product development
- Lead the Ideas process for 3rd party innovation
- Develop new and compelling insights against which new product concepts could be developed.
- Lead the development of new product concepts and oversee all stages of concept and new product testing.
3rd Party Manufacturers & Curiosity
- Co-lead identification of new capability among 3rd parties to drive new innovation ideas – constantly looking for new vendors
- Partner with Procurement (who will lead) on contracts with third party manufacturers including costings, promotional support and non-conformance funding as relevant.
Project Management & Commercials
- Project manage own innovation projects and ensure commercially viable
- Develop into a consumer based and commercially grounded Gate 0 opportunity. Turn commercial/ consumer opportunities which pass Gate 0 into viable kitchen briefs.
- Own the commercial hurdles and guide the chef team to develop commercially viable products which not only deliver to brand guidelines but will also hit target COG’s, margin requirements and shelf life.
Financial & Commercial analysis
- Build and track full business case for both your projects and the teams to include robust product costings and clear commercial and brand recommendations from concept through to final post launch Gate evaluation. Ensure that the financial delivery of the innovation programme is delivering against agreed business targets, and work closely with the Head of Commercial Finance to align on templates / P&L’s.
You will have:-
- Extensive FMCG experience ideally within food, drink or beauty with specific Innovation roles delivering NPD to market at scale – ideally involving 3rd Party manufacturing A natural curiosity for the new and different when it comes to the world of innovation and food. Extremely positive with a definite ‘can-do’ roll sleeves up attitude. An infectious enthusiasm to succeed with massive levels of tenacity and drive. Positively assertive and expert at bringing people with you, yet able to ‘bash through’ roadblocks when needed. A clear track record of successful innovation delivery and managing innovation projects from concept to launch within FMCG – ideally in food categories and within an innovation management capacity. Creative and commercially savvy – always framing your ideas in terms of real business impact.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/290
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.