As one of the UK's fastest growing Food Businesses our client is part of a wider Global Group. Their strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Brand & Category solutions. Operating within the Branded arena, their Products are-
- Market Leaders
- Have high levels of NPD
Reporting directly to Commercial Director, this role is pivotal in providing the wider business with robust forecast data for short and longer term analysis. You will have the responsibility for ensuring that optimal Commercial long term and medium term forecasts are in place for all variables within the supply-chain process. Develop and implement Excel forecast models to increase forecasting accuracy, constantly reviewing output to identify opportunities for enhancements.
In conjunction with the Sales Team and working with internal stakeholders You will ensure a seem-less flow of information. In addition you will liaise with external customers on forecast accuracy / improvements and system details. The role will also include controlling the co-ordination of all promotional activity, analysing volume uplifts from base sales and making recommendations to the Sales Team on improvements to their forecasts together with an overlay of competitor activity and sales information.
You will also be responsible for:
- Provide long term forecasts (weekly & monthly plans) identifying anticipated volumes across Customers and highlighting key event days or activity that may impact the product availability.
- Source the relevant data feeds to use for forecast deployment and analysis constantly reviewing inputs
- Review sales/unit/promotional performance highlighting any deviations from trends, to improve future forecasting.
- Work closely with wider teams to understand reasons for variations and influence change working collaboratively with our business.
- Continually research, review processes and technologies, suggesting, planning and executing beneficial changes taking into account industry improvements in practice and implementing these improvements with forecasting, whilst enhancing Operational effectiveness in order to reduce cost and improve customer experience
- Review and share best practice with our international markets; making recommendations for improvements
- Identify opportunities for exception forecasting to improve overall accuracy of forecast
- Developing new and existing KPI’s to support the forecasting processes as well as operational efficiency
- Enhancement and automation of existing models for more efficiency
- Review and challenge existing methods of forecasting sales and volumes, together with current assumptions to ensure continuous improvement.
For this role you must be the following:
- An “Excel Whizz”- You must actively enjoy using Excel and all that if offers the Business World. This is not just about “using” Excel, it’s about optimising and pushing what Excel to the Max!.
- Then it’s about driving out the information and insights that will truly “Add Value” to the Commercial Team; as the National Account Managers will look to you to be their “Eyes & Ears” across the wider business.
- Once you have these insights, you must deliver these across the Commercial team in an exciting and engaging way.
The business is open to candidates from several backgrounds, as long as you have the potential to Excel 😊
- Demand Planning & Supply Chain
- Sales/Commercial Analysis
- Finance Analysis
- Category Marketing
- Or even Sales- this could be either at NAE level or Regional Accounts- but you must have strong data analysis skills
In return you will have the opportunity to develop your longer-term career across either Sales, Supply or possibly Category Marketing.