Our client is a Global Branded Food Player with a market leading UK Business in very high growth. Their Brands/Product can be found across several different categories and have pride and place as either Number 1 or Number 2 within the range. They have always invested strongly across-
- Consumer Marketing
- Category Marketing
- NPD/Food Development
- And- Commercial Brand Plans of course
As part of this on-going investment they now wish to appoint a "Business Account Manager" to work on one of their leading Customers.
As the Business Account Manager you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of one of their key Grocery customers, and whilst you will be fully supported by the Account Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “fast-paced” environment where strength of character is key. The key drivers of the roles are follows:
- Lead Contact for Two Buyers within the Customer
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
- Full P&L visibility not just at gross margin level but at ‘Contribution to Profit’ level – understanding influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to be able to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both.
- Application of Category Management and the practical approach and actions; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products
- Manage product mix to maximise margin
- Manage effective communication of NPD & Category Solutions
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in either Brands or Own Label within the FMCG industry and will already be operating within National Accounts Commercial Role. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be from a Private Label business, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A "Category" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.