Calling all FMCG Foodies! Whether you’re happy and settled in role or actively looking, this BDM advert is definitely worth a read.
Are you looking for a step up to further your commercial development through NPD and exciting innovation? How would an opportunity with a well-established, supportive, highly collaborative and enthusiastic energetic business sound to you?
This is an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one, reporting directly into someone who has over 6 years’ experience at the business within Grocery, is familiar with the challenges and can offer outstanding 1-to-1 support. You will be taking the lead on two major retail accounts across both Branded & OL (one of which has the fastest growing brands within the category), where you have full P&L ownership. Creating new and exciting ideas to approach buyers, this role will be heavy on relationship building. The business sells a fantastic range of household named brands, they’re No.3 in a huge food category and are a hugely supportive business who are high energy offering a great deal of learning and progression being part of a wider group.
Due to some internal movement, this medium-sized organisation is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be taking full ownership of a Top 6 account and also a varied amount of eCommerce accounts (Ocado, Quick Commerce & Retail Mults.com). These accounts are relatively untouched but with some establishment so this is a great opening to really make a name for yourself and show the business what you’re made of! So… if you’re looking for something to tick over, unfortunately this opportunity wouldn’t be for you. I’m looking for individuals who are relentless, proactive and results-driven!
Main responsibilities consist of…
- Full P&L ownership of a Top 6 Retail accounts and eCommerce customers.
- Develop and grow customer relationship(s) through a broad & deep cross-functional customer contact matrix in support of business objectives.
- Execution of the jointly agreed plans (JBP’s) and projects for the Customer portfolio
- Develop and deliver innovative commercial solutions (e.g., product innovation, promotions, and range development) designed to deliver mutual benefit.
- Unlocking new business opportunities
What I’m looking for…
- Previous P&L management on a Retail account (Top 6 preferred). Open to no eCommerce experience!
- Open to an Executive stepping up.
- Proven negotiation skills and track record of delivering results.
- Experience in, or exposure to Category; Shopper Marketing and Marketing (desirable).
- Commutable into their Berkshire UK head office (1-2 days a week).
- Self-motivated with passion, enthusiasm, tenacity, and resilience.
This is a fantastic opening in the FMCG space for a highly well-established business who offers real breadth and accountability. If you’re interested in finding out more, please don’t hesitate in applying.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavor to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.