Job title: Territory Manager
Location: South East England
Salary: Attractive salary plus 20% bonus, hybrid or electric company car and extensive benefits
Sector: Garden power
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/23815
STIHL is a global leader in outdoor power tools serving the forestry, construction, agricultural and gardening markets via a network of national dealers. The GB sales and marketing subsidiary, based in Camberley, Surrey, is a significant operation within the worldwide family of highly successful STIHL companies.
STIHL is committed to working in partnership with our servicing dealer network and with our new garden centre channel for battery powered products. In preparation for a retirement, we are pleased to announce the recruitment of a new Territory Manager to enhance the sales of STIHL brands in this important region.
The Territory Manager will cover the South East of England including Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Greater London, Berkshire, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
The purpose of the role is to regularly visit established STIHL dealers and drive mutually beneficial sales strategies that are supported by training, merchandising and range development. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement strategies for area sales and market share growth
- Continuously improve standards of product knowledge, showrooms displays and customer service
- Develop strong, long-term, profitable business partnerships with dealers, large end-users, colleges and local authorities
- Plan and execute customer specific sales strategies
- Negotiation of trading terms and promotions that achieve margin targets
- Achieve agreed sales targets and KPIs
- Working within a team to communicate, share resources and secure support to ensure the customer experience is always exceptional
A negotiable basic salary plus hybrid or electric company car, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, private dental care, contributory pension, subsidised gym membership, product discounts.
Stihl is a business that is committed to the development of all employees and successful individuals will enjoy considerable opportunities for future advancement within and outside of the UK business.
The Territory Manager profile:
We are looking for an experienced and high calibre sales representative with the communication skills and commercial ability to represent this world leading brand. Specific qualities will include:
- A talent for sales, relationship building, commercial acumen and a desire to self-improve
- A proven track record of sales to decision makers
- Substantial experience of call planning, preparation, structure and achievement
- Skilled at fact finding, questioning and verbal clarity
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships
- A home location that is central to the sales area
Your experience will be as a home-based field sales representative with a successful track record of sales achievement and a logical, progressive career to date.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name - Nick Hester
Telephone - 01275 813030
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.