Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex (Agile Working)
Sector: Quality Outdoor Furniture
- Join a very successful importer and distributor of quality outdoor furniture
- Work within a well-established procurement and supply-chain team
- Focus on stock management, supplier liaison and delivery schedules
- Established in 1994, Alexander Rose has earned a reputation for supplying beautifully designed outdoor furniture that is manufactured to exacting standards and supported by the highest levels of customer service.
- With an in-house design team, company-owned factories and additional suppliers in the Far East, the company offers a full outdoor furniture range to discerning UK retailers and consumers. See www.alexander-rose.co.uk
The Role of Assistant Buyer:
- This is a role that can offer some home-based working once the induction process is compete.
- Reporting to the Senior Buyer and Customer Service Manager the focus of this important role is to ensure that stock holding is always at the optimum level to meet customer demand.
- In a seasonal business this requires constant data analysis and liaison between sales team forecasts, warehouse systems and suppliers.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Analyse sales data, forecasts and stock levels to ensure optimum stock holding
- Review and report on freight and manufacturing costs
- Oversee the inbound delivery process
- Maintain accurate sales forecasts and stock inventories
- Constantly analyse, improve and document the supply chain process
- Make recommendations for improvement wherever possible
Candidate Profile: Assistant Buyer
- This is an opportunity for a Junior Buyer or Assistant Buyer to grow their skills in a pivotal yet well supported role.
- Previous experience in a consumer goods business is preferred but not essential.
- A talent for data analysis, attention to detail and an engaging personality are most important and all other aspects can be learned.
We Are Looking For A Candidate Who Can Offer:
- A graduate level education
- Proven professional experience within a buying team.
- A passion for data analysis and data led decision making
- Intermediate /advanced Excel ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to build strong internal and external relationships
- A home location within a commutable distance of Burgess Hill
- Keen to learn and acquire more responsibility
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.