We are looking for a passionate and experienced on and off trade sales individual to join our amazing team at Salcombe Distilling Company to manage and grow sales in Central England. This role requires someone who is the embodiment of fun, flair and fortitude, a real people person who shares the same relentless drive, integrity and uncompromising approach that embodies everything we do. This is an exceptional time within our company’s short history, and this is your chance to be a key part of our success.
Your role will be to grow sales and build brand presence within key on and off trade customers across the counties in Central England. This will involve working with our existing trade and wholesale accounts and building on these relationships, together with finding new sales accounts in the region.
- To generate new business in the on and off trade sector within with Central England, regularly following up on sales leads
- To manage relationships with existing trade and wholesale accounts
- To identify, develop and support key accounts through creative sales initiatives and incentives
- To keep all accounts up to date on the latest developments with Salcombe Gin through regular customer visits and phone calls
- To talk knowledgably and confidently about Salcombe Gin and the wider gin category in front of large groups of current and prospective Salcombe Gin customers and their teams, both at our distillery in Salcombe and at their respective venues
- To host training and tasting events for trade and consumers across the region with potential to travel across the UK and further afield
- To provide sampling at off-trade retailers and events
- To work diligently and passionately towards hitting our ambitious sales targets
Essential skills and experience
To be right for this role, you must have:
- Solid experience in on or off-trade sales within the drinks sector.
- A good relationship base with existing on and off-trade accounts.
- A strong knowledge base about gin and the spirits sector and be confident and happy to speak in front of a crowd.
- An interest in gastronomy and experiencing the finer things in life.
- A natural ability to sell in a consultative manner.
- Good commercial awareness and be results driven.
- Be organised with an ability to work unsupervised.
- A full and cleaning UK driving license.
- Experience of working with a CRM system.
It would also be beneficial if you have cocktail knowledge and bar tending experience.
Please send your CV together, salary requirements and history with a cover letter to include in a couple of sentences:
- Why you think you’d be a great fit for our growing team
- An example of how you have gone out and won business with a previous employer
- An interesting fact about Salcombe Gin