The Junior Merchandiser will a key member of the team, supporting the senior merchandiser to strengthen existing merchandising processes, as well as setting up new processes for this well-established highly successful luxury fashion business. Client Details
A stylish independent retailer of luxury designer children's clothes.
The vibrant and fashionable website is the envy of many and gives us reach to a worldwide customer from as far as the USA, Middle East to China.
The operation is backed up by a high-tech Head Office and Distribution centre
The business was built over 30 years ago the business and has built a trusted and talented team which have helped drive the strategy and vision to make the company one of the market leaders today.DescriptionThe Junior Merchandiser's key responsibilities will include:
Working alongside the senior merchandiser to assess the requirements within the merchandising and buying function
Helping to set up and implement planning tools, WSSI, range plans, budgets, critical path (including buying calendar and company wide promotional events calendar).
Quickly identifying key best sellers and ensuring stock levels can achieve maximum sales and profit potential.
Forming successful relationships across the business and wider business in buying, marketing finance and logistics.
Forming successful working relationships with key brands and understanding their requirements and improvements in ways of working.Other responsibilities will include supporting the senior merchandiser to:
- Influence range planning by analysing past sales figures and market trends
- Plan budgets and sales forecasting for new ranges
- Achieve stock, sales and margin targets for the business
- Plan and action markdowns and any in-season promotional activity
- Work with brand partners to order stock, manage deliveries and intake
- Plan and action markdowns and any in-season promotional activity planning budgets and sales forecasting for new ranges
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably (in a fashion retailer) but not essential to be within the luxury kidswear sector
- Strong Microsoft Excel and MS Office skills
- Personal interest in fashion and commercial awareness of the luxury market
- Ability to think outside the box and actively bring to the table new ideas to positively influence the brand and product mix
- Great time management skills with ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve individual as well as department goals
- Positive and proactive attitude with ability to work as part of a team as well as taking ownership of individual tasks
- Well-presented and with a professional approach
- Eagerness to develop and grow within the merchandising function
Incredible office environment, with own gym, beauty salon, barbers and cinema!
The opportunity to work with an inspirational business owner and team.