We are passionate about potatoes. But we’re even more passionate about our People!
For over 60 years we’ve been the number one branded player in frozen potato market. When it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious, and great tasting food we’re kind of a big deal!
You won’t just find us in supermarkets though. As well as owning a household retail brand, our respected foodservice business works in close partnership with distributors, chefs and caterers across thousands of the country’s pubs, restaurants, hospitals, and schools.
From our humble beginnings in the rural community of Florenceville, Canada, McCain Foods is now a global business! We have operations within six continents, with plant sites and offices across the world.
Our potatoes might be beige, but our careers are far from it.
We’re looking for a high-performing Customer Manager to work in partnership with our leading convenience customer – across retail and wholesale.
We have a winning mentality here at McCain, and you’ll be working in an exciting part of our business which continues to grow and evolve as we become a more omni-channel facing business - which you’ll help shape for the future!
As Customer Manager, it’s your job to take full P&L accountability for this high-demanding and fast-moving convenience customer. You’ll collaborate with other areas of our business to create and execute top-notch joint customer business plans, and through first class customer engagement achieve mutual and sustainable commercial growth, whilst developing the McCain brand as well as a great relationship with our customer.
You’ll report into the Customer Development Controller and although you won’t have any direct reports of your own, it’s important that you are an agile and ambitious leader who will take responsibility for leading the convenience agenda right across the business - who has the hunger to thrive and motivate in this successful commercial function.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll already be living and breathing the role as high performing Account Executive or a National Account Manager working in a strong FMCG business (ideally retail) with exposure to a full mix of commercial and category principles but it’s also important you have…
- The hunger and ambition to win. It’s in our DNA!
- The agility and ability to learn and progress and help support the development of others.
- The ability to be able to bring new ideas and ways of thinking to the team.
- Experience of customer strategic planning and delivery
- Management of omnichannel customers
- Strong commercial awareness and selling instinct
- Understanding of the FMCG macro consumer trends
- Awareness of category management principles
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships
- Customer and results focussed
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Strong numeracy, literacy and presentation skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Although we do encourage you to taste the goods you’ll be pleased to know we don’t pay you in chips. For working hard, you’ll also get a great salary and some pretty good benefits including:
- Generous car allowance
- Performance related bonus
- An achievable yearly bonus based on personal performance.
- An excellent pension where we will pay double what you do, up to a maximum of 12% of your pay
- Flexible holidays – where you can buy & sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Optional health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘Chips In’ Volunteering Day Off - to make a positive impact to the competitiveness, resilience, and long-term development of McCain communities across the globe
- And of course, being part of a Global business there are great opportunities to shine/thrive should you wish to relocate in the future. We have an ambitious 5-year growth plan that presents development & progression opportunities for those who seek it out.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK…
We know visiting the office daily is a thing of the past, and with our Head Office in Scarborough, North Yorkshire we know this wouldn’t suit everyone. We operate a hybrid and flexible working policy, and your success will be measured by the objectives you deliver, and not where you’re based. So although we don’t dictate a certain number of days we’d like to see you in the office from time to time!