Tilda® is a multicultural British brand that has been the go-to choice for rice aficionados for 50 years. Founded back in London in 1970, we introduced Pure Basmati to rice-loving communities from around the world, who were looking for aromatic Basmati that they couldn’t find in the UK at the time. Today we are proud to sit at the heart of many dinner tables with our wide, delicious range including many Tilda® dry rice varieties as well as Tilda® Microwave Rice, Tilda® Super Grains and Tilda® Kids.
Tilda, part of the Ebro Food Group, has evolved into an international food brand selling products in over 40 countries with sales in excess of £150m. With a strong heritage in the ethnic sector and basmati rice, Tilda is now widely available including major Grocery, Online, Convenience and Independent Retails as well as in Foodservice, Industrial and Export.
The business has a strong track record of innovation, consumer & shopper focus, a passion for food, dedication to the brand and product quality as well as being at the forefront of a number of key developments in the rice category. As pioneers of a revolutionary new packaging design which allowed bags to be resealed by ‘zip’, launched alongside a new brand image, Tilda began to move into the mainstream grocery sector in the late 1980’s capitalising on an increasing interest in Indian cuisine from a broader range of consumers.
The launch of Tilda Steamed Basmati into the new Ready-To-Heat sector has seen fantastic success in terms of distribution and sales, supported by a high profile marketing campaign. There is still a lot of potential for the brand as we continue our ambitious growth plans. Along with the brand, it is the culture at Tilda which sets us apart, and this makes it both an exciting and inspirational business to work for together with a highly challenging and stimulating environment to work in.
When people join Tilda they comment on the feel of the place, the positivity of colleagues, and the passion that we have to help them embrace our culture and get the most out of their Tilda journey. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. This is one of the key reasons people tend to stay with us for a long time. We believe in developing people as individuals, and we provide learning and personal development opportunities for the collaborative and peer-based working that is becoming a signature of our workplace culture.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shopper Marketing and E-commerce Manager UK & ROI to join the Mainstream Commercial Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the Shopper Marketing strategy for both bricks & mortar and retailer online across the Multiples, Convenience, Discounter, ROI and Online channels (omni-channel).
The role will encompass:
- Support further development of Shopper and E-commerce focus within the business.
- Increased engagement with the trade.
- Market leading Shopper campaigns.
- Develop insights via research, campaign analysis, industry reports & network and turn these into actions / campaigns that will deliver learnings and / or return on investment.
- The role involves working in a fast-paced everchanging environment, requires a pro-active & creative approach and deliver against specific timescales.
- Develop and implement Shopper Marketing to include retailer.com initiatives / tactics across the Multiple, Discounter, Convenience, ROI & Online channels:
- To align with the Category vision, Brand strategy and individual retailer/channel objectives.
- To be market leading with the aim of driving shopper acquisition, retention of shoppers and turn them into brand loyalists.
- To be delivered through a shopper lens, creative & out-of-the box thinking to clearly differentiate Tilda from competitors and for Tilda to be seen as a shopper though-leader.
- Understand the Shopper including .com path to purchase with the aim to maximize influencing and converting shoppers at key / most relevant touchpoints.
- Support with the development of best in class Online & Mobile optimisation
- Analyse all Shopper and .com campaigns with the aim of gathering insights and learnings for future campaign planning.
- Build strong relationships with retailer media contacts.
- Pro-actively identify and implement cross-category collaborations.
- In this cross functional role it will be essential to build strong and collaborative relationships across the wider business with focus on cross-sector.
- Work closely with Tilda’s chosen agencies / 3rd party suppliers to support the development of shopper focussed campaigns, creative & message and hold them accountable for success.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a degree level or equivalent qualification.
- 3-5 years Shopper Marketing / Brand Management, retailer.com and / or Digital experience across Multiples / Convenience / Discounter / ROI / Online channels.
- Understands shopper, consumer and customer landscapes and the ability to engage and lead with customers.
- Proven track record demonstrating genuine interest in the retail environment, understanding customer strategy and the ability to develop & deliver a compelling & engaging story.
- Be highly organised and driven with an ability to manage multiple tasks / projects & a diverse workload, be pro-active, action orientated and be able to use initiative.
- Project Management skills.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive and 1 other PSL Provider; therefore, we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.