Who We Are:
How would You like to work for one of the Top 10 Brands in the UK?
YouGov BrandIndex’s top UK brands in 2019! Yorkshire Tea is described by fans as:
“Good quality, Well made, Cream of the crop, Awesome and Respected.”
We’re a unique Yorkshire family business and are one of the country’s most respected tea and coffee merchants. Taylors blends Yorkshire Tea as well as Taylors coffee, both market leaders within their respective categories.
The Group is heavily values driven with high levels of staff engagement and retention which means we are fortunate to have a large number of long serving employees. Our business is guided by a set of principles which we call:
The Six Ps – Prosperity, People, Planet, Product, Passion and Process. Quite simply these principles underpin everything we do.
Are you ready to be part of the story as the National Account Manager responsible for our Wholesale Cash & Carry Customers?
This exciting role will report to Sales Controller Multi Sector. This reflects the importance of the role to the Business & its Customers- Fundamentals will be:
- Responsible for customers at a Head Office level (Booker, Bestway, Unitas, Sugro and Spar).
- You would also be responsible for a National Account Executive (who works with local members of several of your customers).
- Build and sustain customer relationships. Negotiate all elements of pricing (case cost), terms and promotions within business guidelines and when required deliver price increases.
- Build business plans at a Head Office level, to cover range, distribution, promotional plans and trading terms and agreements.
- Manage the information needs of the retailer and deadlines, including promotional submissions, promotional plans, turnover trackers and new line forms.
- Manage forecasts for both base and promotional volume in Sales Planner, including promotional funding, as well as processing all associated customer invoices.
- Prepare, attend & present at customer meetings, topics could include performance updates, commercials, NPD proposals, category & customer data.
- Monitor sales by customer.
- Engage and/or support customer conferences, industry events, trade shows and relevant customer meetings.
- Understand your customers needs.
Being Brilliant at the Basics
- Build, implement and deliver budgets and customer plans (JBPs) that meet the strategic objectives of the sales & brand functions and also those of the customer
- Achievement of agreed customer terms and trading conditions
- Monitor sales by customer and/ or channel
- Being the main point of contact in Taylors for your account and the voice of your account in Taylors
- Matrix Management of Project to completion
- A True Leader (High Level of Emotional Intelligence) This business is not simply about "getting the job done"', but also "How" you do this. (And the impact on others around You)
New people joining us comment on the feel of the place, the warmth of the welcome, and the care that we take to ensure that they are able to understand and embrace our culture. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. Indeed history has shown us that you’re career development could come from one of several areas:
- Development within Convenience/Cash & Carry Wholesale Channel or a move across to Grocery National Accounts or even the OOH Channel.
- Movement into more Shopper Marketing or Category Focused roles.
- Movement into International or even Consumer Marketing Roles.
This is one of the key reasons people tend to stay with us for a long time. We believe in developing people as individuals and we provide learning and personal development opportunities for the collaborative and peer-based working that is becoming a signature of our workplace culture.
The successful candidate is likely to have a degree and have relevant experience and a proven track record as a National Account Manager within the Wholesale / Cash & Carry / Convenience. This could be at either NAM or NAE Level, however, you must currently be at full National Account Manager level. Strong relationship building, organisational and financial awareness skills are key. You will also be a team player, self-disciplined, flexible and eager to play a part in contributing to our business success.
We are also open to exceptional candidates who could be operating in FMCG Own Label or a Smaller Branded House, but a level of Cash & Carry experience is a must. A "strategic" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore, we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.