To manage, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day sales activities, developing strong relationships with new customers and key customers, driving profitable, sustainable sales. To identify, develop and deliver new business opportunities from new customers and new channels (specifically Fast Food, Wholesale and Manufacturing sector opportunities).
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To manage and develop strong relationships with new and existing customers at all levels, including commercial, marketing, product development, technical and supply chain.
2. To identify opportunities to grow our current business and enhance profitability.
3. To identify and deliver new profitable business from new channels (e.g. fast food, wholesale and manufacturing) and new customers.
4. To develop and maintain comprehensive new opportunity prospects on a weekly basis.
5. To use market data to improve the performance of current products and identify new product opportunities.
6. To develop new products that meet the capabilities of the factory and our strategic business objectives.
7. To negotiate and implement selling prices, promotional plans, price increases and marketing activity.
8. To ensure strategic account development plans are in place to meet joint objectives, joint business plans and KPIs.
9. To set weekly, monthly and annual forecasts for each customer based on historical performance and realistic growth opportunity targets.
10.To monitor sales performance against each customer budget, identifying major variances to plan and taking corrective action as required
11.To deliver new product launches, promotional and marketing activity on time and within budget.
12.To prepare professional business review presentations ensuring periodic review meetings are conducted with each account.
13.To complete meeting reports for each customer and ensure all agreed action points are delivered in full and on time.
14.To be aware of customers’ credit limits and the status of their accounts at all times; taking personal responsibility not to expose the company to unnecessary debt and risk.
15.To provide administrative support ensuring that the business is managed efficiently and effectively.
1. Experience in food industry account management with specific focus on NPD
2. Experience in meat sales
3. Working as part of a team
4. Creative thinking
5. A full understanding of account P&Ls
6. Organisational skills - planning, preparation and follow up.
7. Highly self-motivated
8. Advanced Excel skills
9. Proficient with PowerPoint
10.Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and experience
11.Exceptional attention to detail
12.Excellent communicator and presenter