Job Title: EMEA Trade Marketing Manager
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on experience
The Advocate Group is working in partnership with Saucony, The original running brand.
Saucony is a division of Wolverine Worldwide, the world’s leading maker of casual, work, outdoor, athletic and children’s footwear. Wolverine Worldwide is one of the largest non-athletic footwear companies in the world, with a unique portfolio of 12 brands.
Reporting directly to the EMEA Marketing Director, the EMEA Trade Marketing Manager will support the development and implementation of our trade marketing activities across the EMEA region, including our distributor partners. You will be an integral part of the EMEA marketing team who works across a range of channels and countries and as such will be a brand guardian throughout, ensuring global and regional strategies are implemented consistently across EMEA.
With guidance, you will be expected to execute all plans in a timely manner paying particular attention to our premium brand proposition. Whilst delivering against our brand Guiding Principles you should feel confident to contribute your own insights to the development of the community & partnership marketing plans and activations. Although there will be several more consistent tasks on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis, further opportunities such as new projects will required on an ad hoc basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the regional wholesale and distributor trade and community & partnership marketing activities
- Responsible for delivering a consistent brand look and feel across our partnership activities
- Working with the EMEA Digital Marketing Manager, ensure all content from our partnership activities is fully leveraged
- Responsible for planning and communicating the year-long trade deliverables for our wholesale teams
- Set clear KPI’s and evaluate all activities to ensure the over-arching commercial, brand and seasonal objectives are achieved
- You will lead on the point-of-sale positioning for the EMEA region
- Work closely with all territory/country marketing managers to ensure there is regional alignment during our brand defining moments
- Continuously seek progressive community marketing initiatives order to keep us ahead of the competition
- To act as the go-between in relation to the creative agency and any central POS agency
- Prepare Saucony sales materials and sell-in tools in line with our Go To Market (GTM) strategy to support our key product/brand stories on a seasonal basis. Focus on local market needs for launches in EMEA.
- Assist in the preparation for seasonal meetings and presentations and ensure all support materials, presentations, etc. are delivered to the agreed timelines.
- Supply all relevant marketing tools to the regional teams and liaise with the Global team to ensure all product images, descriptions and technologies are supplied on time and in a relevant format.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience: Minimum 2 years+ in a Marketing role preferred
- Experience and interest in outdoor/sports/footwear/fashion industry preferred.
- Consideration given to candidates from other wholesale or retail sectors eg FMCG / fashion retail who demonstrate both requisite marketing skills and sports/lifestyle affinity
- Progressive and creative
- Experience with sponsorship; sales promotion; events
- Strong IT skills including Social Media, MS Office. Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other Creative Suite tools strongly preferred.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage and drive projects from design to execution, often unaided.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English. Additional languages an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining attention to detail.