Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Territory Planning Manager (TPM) is responsible for reviewing callage output requirements from the commercial planning meetings and ensuring call file creation to meet business objectives v BDM capacities. The TPM will own and constantly review the JUUL UK segmentation approach ensuring BDM deployment is into optimal areas to maximise growth and ROI for the JUUL field team. The TPM will take ownership of the individual KPI metrics based on captured data / sales performance to ensure clear targeting of the Field Force Team and compliance to these metrics. This position is ideal for someone that has or is currently working in a Territory or Commercial Planning role or insight/performance analysis position. This role reports to the UK Head of Field Sales.
- The TPM will work with the analyst team to develop reporting requirements to enable KPI tracking and ensure these are communicated weekly to all Field Force personnel
- The TPM will be responsible for analysis of performance trends / outputs from field force reports and supporting head of Field Sales and the Regional Sales manager to identify areas for improvements / redeployment recommendations
- Working with the insights team and commercial planning team ensure deployment of the Field Force into high priority / high opportunity customers.
- Work with the 3rd Party partners, Regional Sales Manager and Head of Field Sales to review team performance visit impact and provide clear outputs to the KA team and Heads of Sales
- Develop and run models to provide insight on redeployment of field team
- Present to senior management team on findings and proposals
- Through commercial insight build, develop and manage the future scope of the field force – focus areas and additional headcount deployment recommendations
- Run field force commercial planning meetings and provide insight on capacity and previous cycle outputs to ensure continual deployment improvements
- Support KPI development and role out of individual metrics against defined company objectives for each cycle
- Working cross functionally develop a KPI performance tracking and reporting tool to ensure ease of bonus payment to Field Force and budget management through the cycle by providing current / forecast pass rates
- In partnership with 3rd party solution providers ensure team call plans are developed based on capacity of team and maximum business impact, ensuring cycle plans are approved by internal stakeholders.
- Utilise reporting metrics to provide weekly reporting packs to management team to highlight performance and compliance challenges.
- Support implementation and management of JUUL retailer trade programme, to ensure maximum retailer engagement and adherence.
- Create reporting tools to allow for sales team progression monitoring and to support KPI metrics. Ensure programme runs to allocated budget and internal compliance guidelines to ensure swift retailer payment.
- Present at commercial planning meetings – capacity v objective of FF, scenario solutions to maximise callage v agreed customer focusses
- Work with Regional sales manager to develop and implement accurate surveys to enable clear reporting of position and commercial impact of the Field Force across all customers.
- Provide mid cycle and end of cycle reviews to allow tracking of performance at National / ASM / BDM levels and by customer.
- Operate in a plan / do / review mindset spending time in trade to understand how the deployment models are working in real life and gain telling insight to adapt and improve the approach.
- Provide callage direction to support trade marketing team with asset deployment and develop reporting to provide asset placement records by customer segmentation
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2-year experience working in a field planning or commercial insights / analyst role in the FMCG sector
- Experience working in the vape channel a plus
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of planning and managing call files
- Knowledge and understanding of KPI
- Understanding and ability to drive insights from category and performance data
- Strong selling & negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Juul Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for Juul Labs in the country of employment.