Job Title: Key Account Manager – Medical
Location: The Southeast
Job Sector: Medical/Healthcare
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000 p.a (DOE) + quarterly bonus + annual commission + vehicle
Job Reference: SS/23730
A leading and innovative global manufacturer and supplier of specialist medical equipment into the community/local authority sector via close links with the NHS.
Rapidly expanding by both growth and acquisition, this is a very exciting time to join one of the fastest growing and award - winning international sales organisations in the UK.
About the Role:
If you have a background in Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy, a caring spirit and a passion for face-to-face sales, this newly available opportunity could be perfect for you!
Working as part of an extremely successful team, you will be required to autonomously plan and manage the Southeast territory; taking responsibility for your territory goals which will include to maintain and grow relationships key account relationships, building year on year.
This territory already has an impressive existing portfolio of 40 – 50 key accounts for you to service and grow, requiring you to quickly develop and sustain these long – term business relationships.
In addition you will be required to identify and develop new opportunities to cross sell and upsell alternative product ranges, delivering comprehensive solution – led sales from a market - leading product range. Duties will be varied and will include;
- Solution based sales of medical equipment via regular and consistent contact with key accounts
- Plan your own diary in order to attend 2-3 physical or virtual customer visits/patient per day in line with the company sales strategy. Customers will include; Procurement Managers, Equipment Store Managers, Commissioners, Lead Occupational Therapists and Moving & Handling Advisors.
- Individual responsibility for territory goals; planning and managing a large territory in an efficient and functional way
- Carry out on-site or virtual product training with key accounts
- Develop and constantly review the relevant market sectors for the promotion of safe moving & handling products within Social Services and Local Authorities, Special Schools, Care Homes and Dealers
- Handle any queries or complaints from key accounts and find the appropriate solution for the customer
- Be accountable and responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and KPI’s
- Regularly update pipeline
- Fully understand the available routes to market through direct sales, dealer/reseller options, the role of loan store operators and the potential for internet sales
- Engage in campaign promotions and promote the company’s products and services in terms of features, advantages and benefits (FAB)
- To continuously improve and develop professional selling skills, in particular; time management, territory and account coverage, appointment planning, public speaking and product demonstration abilities
- Support the company in product upgrades, recalls and investigations around incidents and accidents
- Attend industry seminars and exhibitions as required
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Medical Key Account Manager you must possess the following;
- A medical or clinical related qualification; Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy
- Face to face sales and account management experience
- The ability to travel throughout your designated area on a daily basis
- Target driven with a hunger to meet and over – achieve goals
- A professional approach and appearance
- A friendly, approachable and understanding personality with a natural problem-solving ability
- Solution sales focused
- A full UK driving license
- Based in or around the North London area would be ideal although other southeast locations will be considered
In return for your role as Medical Key Account Manager, you will receive;
- A competitive basic salary (depending on experience)
- Quarterly & annual bonuses
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 25 days holiday
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.