At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
You will be a key member of our new Digital Hub and support the Head of Ecomm in growing the Ecommerce Channel, executing the commercial channel strategy and channel plans. You will own one of our larger customers together with eSpecialists such as Laithwaites & Master of Malt. This role will be tasked with delivering agreed objectives on Volume, NSV, GP, and Distribution and controlling Brand Investment to deliver brand building activation.
What you’ll do
- A key stakeholder within the Digital Hub workstream, working in close collaboration with Global and UK Marketing to bring brand building plans to life in the marketplace whilst driving sales conversion and growth
- Collaborate closely with shopper marketing manager & brand experiences team to align and amplify execution within online
- Support and execute the Ecomm sales strategy delivered by the Head of Ecomm
- Own and manage customer P&Ls; Volume, £NSV, £GP, Distribution and BI.
- Build clear business plans for investment in online media and activation
- Review marketing effectiveness of key campaigns, sharing insights on performance and optimising future plans
- Complete the key business processes:
- Weekly & monthly performance updates
- Accurate demand forecasting
- Support annual bottom up planning to build budget next FY
- Work cross-functionally to help deliver total business KPIs, such as: Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
- Provide wider commercial insight to the business in order to contribute to the medium-term plan.
What you’ll need
- Sales/commercial experience within Ecommerce
- Strong self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and account management skills
- Passion for the drinks industry
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject title ‘KAM: Ecomm’ alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith, along with our completed Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring form from our website.
Closing date for applications: 7th February 2021