Fresh Produce Buyer
Are you an experienced buyer with knowledge of the fresh produce industry? Do you thrive on taking a proactive approach to create solutions? Are you looking for a role where you can have a genuine impact not just within the company but within the community?
We are looking for a delightfully odd (and hungry) solution-driven fresh produce buyer who will ensure regular consistent quality and supply aligned with demand.
Alongside end-to-end sourcing you will help develop a competitive product offering based on what our customers want, all with a focus on commerciality and sustainability.
As a Fresh Produce Buyer, you will put customers first by developing a deep understanding of who our customers are and what the core product offering is, so you can source produce in line with the business strategy.
- Design exciting seasonal weekly box content for customers, based on the availability of produce from our supply base
- Work closely with suppliers to understand forward weekly availability and stay aware of buying opportunities
- Buy a variety of fresh fruit and vegetable produce, negotiating the best price in line with the business requirements
- Work closely with suppliers to build long term relationships to ensure future supply and to build strategic supplier partnerships
- Inform suppliers of any quality issues, provide supporting information and completing claims where necessary
- Work with Customer Happiness Team to review and monitor customer quality complaints, putting in place corrective actions or alternative sourcing arrangements
- Manage supplier relationships, track and report supplier performance and complete supplier reviews and site visits
What we’re looking for:
- A track record in the fresh produce buying sector
- Great excel skills and a love for numbers - you'll need a strong use of data to support your buying decisions
- A passion for the fresh produce sector and for our mission to end food waste
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to apply your energy to achieving results
- A proactive approach to getting things done
- Ability to operate effectively in a team whilst also confident working alone
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to the changing priorities and needs of the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Occasional evening and weekend cover may be required
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall offers a great space to work and collaborate. Most of our colleagues spend 2+days each month in Vauxhall. Our colleagues also spend some time in our Distribution Centre in Croydon alongside occasional visits to our co-packing partner in Birmingham and other trading partners