Following a period of significant growth and the development of a new strategic vision, Kepak Group has recently developed a new commercial structure to further develop and deliver against ambitious growth plans. The continuous development of our People and Culture sits at the heart of our growth ambitions. We invest in the development of our people on an ongoing basis to equip them with the skills to realise their full potential within our business. Given the scale of our ambition, we now have the opportunity to supplement this team with the creation of a number of new positions across our Commercial Teams in the UK, including opportunities within Sales and Category, based from our Kirkham site.
When speaking to many of our people and asking them why they love working at Kepak, the two answers we always get are the people and the culture. We are a fast paced exciting place to work, built on a culture of support. Our people know they can only achieve their goals by supporting others to achieve theirs. After delivering consistently throughout the challenges of the pandemic, Kepak has recently launched its smart working policy enabling all our people to take a more flexible approach. We also offer competitive salaries, and a number of benefits at different levels.
Reporting Relationship: Head of New Business, FTG and Foodservice
Direct Reports: National Account Executive
- Manage and develop customer senior relationships at all levels and all functions within defined customers
- Achieve agreed annual business targets at Net Sales, Gross Margin and Volume by product and category group.
- Manage trade spend within defined limits.
- Manage the development and delivery of the Customer Joint Business Plan aligned to category needs and brand vison.
- Ensure accurate promotional evaluation.
- Monitor and report Customer and Competitor activity branded and own label
- Stay up to date with industry issues and consumer shopper trends
- Influence the business to ensure future strategies and plans are aligned to as closely as possible to customers’ needs/strategies
- Manage communication with Key Internal stakeholders – CDT, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Supply chain/ops (Kirkham & Cork), Finance & NPD
- Develop technical knowledge of product development process.
- Manage the workings of the CDT Team.
- Deliver agreed annual budgets across volume, revenue, Trade spend and profit within all accounts
- Provide accurate forecasting and reporting back to the business
- Implement the promotional and New Product Development plans.
- Deliver future relevant price increases on time and in full.
- Develop Joint Business Plan within all managed accounts and drive customer commitment to execution.
- Ensure accurate promotional evaluation system in place and ensure comprehensive record keeping.
- Lead day to day sales operation across accounts within the direction set by the Head of New Business, FTG and Foodservice
- Manage account debt within agreed limits
- Manage credit limit and credit distribution process
- Lead and delivering real Category Management solutions to all categories and NPD development
- Ensure all day to day internal and external administration is completed in full and on time.
- Manage the launch of O/L NPD from conception to launch
- Influence Kepak NPD and core range to be part of o/l tenders
- Successfully negotiate own label tenders and develop longer term agreements
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Business related discipline
- At least 3-4 years NAM in FMCG or similar business
- O/L Product Development (Commercial) from conception to launch
- Managing Aldi and Lidl (including Export)
- O/L tender negotiations
- IT skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Financially Literate
- Full Driving License