Job title: Sales Representative
Location: South West
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) + c. £5,000 bonus potential + hybrid car
Market: Pet products brand
The Role of Sales Representative:
Due to internal promotions, a fantastic opportunity exists to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting pet brands in the UK. Innovative and passionate with a strong environmental message, this company launched just over a decade ago and now supplies retailers in over 40 countries.
A true once in a lifetime opportunity for a pet loving sales person, working with a business that encourages you to take your dog to work!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the company’s top performing South West territory, covering Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Bath and NE Somerset, Hereford and Worcestershire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Dorset.
- Inheriting an established customer base of pet stores, garden centres and veterinary clinics.
- Creating a journey plan that delivers great account management alongside prospecting time.
- Visiting all customers on a monthly basis to provide support, training, improve retail displays and drive sales.
- Visiting prospect accounts to introduce the brand and inspire the decision maker to get on board.
- Providing sales forecasts and daily updates to the CRM system.
A basic salary of between £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) plus sales bonus c. £5,000. Hybrid company car, mobile and laptop.
Candidate profile for this Sales Representative opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative with a track record of success selling to independent retailers – ideally pet shops, garden centres and country stores. You need to know how to persuade a retailer to stock a new line and how to increase sell-through by providing training, product selection and merchandising support. Other qualities are:
- Passionate about pets and the environment.
- Passionate about sales.
- FMCG or pet food sales experience (desired but not an essential).
- Numerate, articulate, fun and trustworthy high energy with fantastic communication skills.
- Inquisitive and creative, willing to challenge the norm.
- Enjoying being accountable and taking ownership for tasks and job roles.
- Hard working, adaptable, fun and trustworthy.
- Full UK driving licence and ideally with at least 2 years field sales experience.
For more information and to apply please contact either Rina Gokani or Shelley Velati at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name Rina Gokani or Shelley Velati
Telephone 01275 813027 / 01275 813029
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.