Fentimans have been making natural botanical drinks for over 100 years. Our artisanal drinks are brewed for 7 days using the time-honoured botanical brewing process. The result is a superior drink that tastes simply delicious.
It was in 1905, Thomas Fentiman, an iron puddler from Cleckheaton, England was approached by a fellow tradesman for a loan. A deal was struck and a recipe for botanically brewed ginger beer was provided as security. The loan was never repaid so Thomas became the owner of the unique recipe. Thomas began using the recipe and producing botanically brewed ginger beer which he delivered door-to-door using a horse and cart for transport.
The world has changed a lot over 100 years since Thomas Fentiman founded the business. Fentimans have had to adapt to meet the demands of an ever changing world. Changes in the way people shop has meant our door-to-door deliveries have made way for selling online and in shops, bars and restaurants. The old stone jars have also been replaced by our iconic and instantly recognisable glass bottle.
Over 100 years since we first started brewing botanical drinks, the business is still in the Fentimans family and is owned by the Great Grandson of Thomas Fentiman. We also continue to make our delicious natural beverages by the multi-stage botanical brewing technique. Our processes have been updated and our beverages are now carbonated before being filled and pasteurised to extend the product shelf life. However, the one thing that has not changed is the superior quality, craftsmanship and unsurpassed flavour of our drinks.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a Business Analyst.
Are you ready to be part of the story?
The Business Analyst will be responsible for evaluating our internal and external sales data to provide a clear understanding of Fentimans performance and key drivers.
The role will provide clarity in understanding sales performance vs key budget and forecast targets - allowing the sales team and wider business understand where it needs to focus. The role will also analyse our monthly ‘in market’ data to gain an understanding of how Fentimans and it’s competitors perform in the trade.
The role will track a number of our KPI’s including Sales, distribution, promotional volumes, in-market pricing, product format performance, and channel / key customer performance.
Finally, the role will play an active role in the monthly business review process, summarising key performance and forward forecast data.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for analysing our key data sources, to provide visibility and insight into business performance - whether from an internal or external revenue perspective.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- To develop weekly and monthly performance reports tracking sales and demand KPI’s by channel, product sector, and customer.
- Playing a key role in the monthly business review meeting – providing insight around both historic performance and the forward sales forecast.
- To monitor and report on sales driving investment to our customers.
- Tracking Fentimans distribution progression in market on a monthly basis.
- Analysing ‘in-market’ sales and category data to develop insight around Fentimans and competitor performance in trade.
- Creating tools and analysis to support the development of the annual sales budget.
- Undertaking analysis on specific business performance issues to inform decision making.
- Management of our category databases, ensuring data is accurate and up to date.
- Managing our Salesforce CRM data system.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (this is a highly numerate role)
- Ability to simplify complex datasets into simple insights
- Confidence in presenting business insights to a wider group
- Strong Microsoft Powerpoint skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- FMCG experience would be of value but not essential